California Deluxe Album

Ghent

Probably time to give this it's own thread since Travis said it is coming out very soon.

12-14 new songs, he thinks it's better than California. they wrote most of them over a 2 week span.

Parking Lot

Misery

joke song about pregnancy

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Tracklist:

1. Hey I'm Sorry

2. Misery

3. Pregnant

4. Parking Lot

5. 6/8 (Corny Jokes)

6. Good Old Days

7. Don't Mean Anything

8. Wildfire

9. Endless Days

10. Bottom of the Ocean

Did you just make this up? Or was this posted somewhere?

Here's more info from the Billboard interview

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7632325/blink-182-interview-california-deluxe-grammy-2017-travis-barker-mark-hoppus

Can you give us a preview of the studio music you’ve done the last couple of weeks?

Hoppus: It’s almost, it’s more than a whole other record, it’s a double album at this point and it’s more of an extension of what we did in the studio earlier. Some of the songs were songs that we did not put on the first album, but are great songs. And some are brand new that we just wrote last week, a lot of high-energy songs, punk rock, some more ballad-y songs, a little more electronic experimentation, it’s a good mix. It’s not a collection of throwaway songs, it’s like a whole other album.

Barker: We’re working on the deluxe album and I got in a conversation with [producer John] Feldmann this morning. I was like, “Dude, we got a problem, the deluxe album might even be better than California.” It’s a good problem to have, but, oh shit, it’s incredible. It’s kind of like a mind f--- because it should almost be a new album. But it just goes to show how natural and organic things are happening and how fun this process has been because it’s not hard to go write great songs and make fun music that we love creating and listening to. And the results are great. The deluxe album will be neck-and-neck with California. It’s in no way fillers. 

Are there songs you are particularly excited to play?

Barker: Yeah, there are like four songs that didn’t make the album that we’re putting on there. But then there are brand-new songs like “Wildfire” and “Parking Lot” and “Misery” that are all so f---ing strong, man. It’s amazing. We started writing maybe a week and a half ago and I think we have 14 songs. It’s a good problem to have. I’m really excited about this deluxe edition. It’s gonna be incredible. 

Hoppus: There’s a song called “Misery” that we just wrote and a song called “Wildfire” that are both pretty high-energy, anthemic, huge choruses, I think will go over really well.

Just now, Nshesaid said:

They're writing the songs too fast, yeah I said it.  Wasn't Untitled written over the course of a summer with tons of up & downs to get to perfecting it? 2 weeks, 14 songs, not a fan. You feel the difference in quality vs quantity.

I actually completely disagree.  Blink taking forever to write pop punk records always pissed me off.  This isn't Mozart.

Time to churn out some tunes and have some fun. 

• Like 1

Just now, ...and then said:

Everything they do nowadays with Feldie is "the best thing" and "so good". Sounds like Tom on painkillers...

What are they supposed to say? that it all sucks?

get a hold of yourself.