California Deluxe Album

Ghent

0% chance they mention Tom IMHO, they avoided the subject in nearly all interviews prior to the album's release (and I'm sure the interviewers were specifically told not to ask about it). When it was awkwardly brought up, Mark wouldn't even say his name, it was usually "our former guitarist".

I don't know why people think Mark/Travis are just sitting around praying Tom calls and wants to be in Blink again. They've gone through a "legal divorce" to get rid of him, and just pumped out a Grammy nominated album which he had absolutely nothing to do with. If you and your new wife that you love won some type of prestigious award, would you get up there and thank your ex-wife, the crazy whore?

I'm sure Mark holds a bigger grudge than Travis, and to be honest if I was Mark I would want to win this damn Grammy and hope to God that Tom heard all about it and felt like a dumbass. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Ghost said:

My guess is that they will have a mention for Tom. I don't see Skiba saying more than thanks and being just polite, and I see clearly Mark being the main spopkesman for the speech.

No chance they mention Tom.   It was for California.. Even though awards are always legacy based

Well, to me that could be a little bit disrespectful, althoug, at the same time, it makes plenty of sense as long as that award comes for this specific album. I know Tom hasn't been an example on how to deal with a band, but blink would have never been there, and California would never existed, if they didn't start with Scott or Tom. Even if they don't mention them directly, I guess it would be an elegant gesture to mention them as past/previous members. The thing is that they never ended up both relationships in good terms.

If they win a grammy they won't mention who has previously been in the band that didn't work on the album in question, I've never seen that as far as I can recall, unless the person out of the band at least worked on it before leaving the band.  It'd be as relevant as mentioning Scott; he had nothing to do with the album in question.

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

0% chance they mention Tom IMHO, they avoided the subject in nearly all interviews prior to the album's release (and I'm sure the interviewers were specifically told not to ask about it). When it was awkwardly brought up, Mark wouldn't even say his name, it was usually "our former guitarist".

I don't know why people think Mark/Travis are just sitting around praying Tom calls and wants to be in Blink again. They've gone through a "legal divorce" to get rid of him, and just pumped out a Grammy nominated album which he had absolutely nothing to do with. If you and your new wife that you love won some type of prestigious award, would you get up there and thank your ex-wife, the crazy whore?

I'm sure Mark holds a bigger grudge than Travis, and to be honest if I was Mark I would want to win this damn Grammy and hope to God that Tom heard all about it and felt like a dumbass. 

Haha yeah I somewhat agree with you here. I just think his headspace could be wayyy different and more forgiving in a speech like this vs. raw feelings during the Cali promotional cycle. Either way I don't think in any way that he wants Tom back or is sitting around waiting for him to call.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

If they win a grammy they won't mention who has previously been in the band that didn't work on the album in question, I've never seen that as far as I can recall, unless the person out of the band at least worked on it before leaving the band.  It'd be as relevant as mentioning Scott; he had nothing to do with the album in question.

Comparing it to Scott isn't fair at all. Scott didn't do shit for the band. He didn't help the band sell twenty million albums, help write countless hit singles, and help bring them to stardom.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Comparing it to Scott isn't fair at all. Scott didn't do shit for the band. He didn't help the band sell twenty million albums, help write countless hit singles, and help bring them to stardom.

But that's the point, Scott is irrelevant in regard to California (as well as everything after Dude Ranch), Tom is also irrelevant to California.  He had as much input on the album as Scott did.  They are nominated only for California, even if people see it as a nomination for their legacy.

11 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Well, he helped to set the ground for what happened since Enema. Dude Ranch was an important step in that direction.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Well, he helped to set the ground for what happened since Enema. Dude Ranch was an important step in that direction.

Yea so I could see them mentioning Scott if they had won an award for enema, but he became so far removed from the band once enema was done and didn't play any role in their mainstream success. 

Pretty sure 1 of 2 things will happen.

Scenario 1 - Tom will be at the awards show. When Blink wins the award and are up on stage giving a speech the camera will cut to Tom smiling awkwardly or twitching awkwardly.

Scenario 2 - Tom rushes the stage during the acceptance speech and promotes his newest creative endeavor. Crowd goes wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't think they would or have any reason to if the band had won an award before. But none of them have ever really been recognized from an award perspective so I could see mark briefly mentioning him. Or not. It's not like he should or has an obligation to in any way, but it would be nice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

Pretty sure 1 of 2 things will happen.

Scenario 1 - Tom will be at the awards show. When Blink wins the award and are up on stage giving a speech the camera will cut to Tom smiling awkwardly or twitching awkwardly.

Scenario 2 - Tom rushes the stage during the acceptance speech and promotes his newest creative endeavor. Crowd goes wild.

Why would Tom even be at the awards?  He isn't nominated for anything.  Have they ever been to any other Grammys aside from the one that they announced that they were back together at?