California Deluxe Album

Ghent

1 hour ago, RAX said:

I wish travis would stop getting his tattoo friends to design the artwork. 

Who would have thought Travis would end up being the one over bearing in the band?

He brings in Feldman, 'his guy', to over produce the album.  Has his guy do the artwork.  He has them do Steve Aoki shit, one of his guys.  On top of that, his drums are turned way up in the mix and dominate nearly every track.

Not ripping on Travis, but he definitely has taken a new leadership role I'm not so sure is working.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Don't really like California's artwork, but how does it not fit the album?  Unless my interpretation is wrong of it, isn't the artwork showing a failing relationship with the guy growing cold and numb to it all, and on a ride which one would assume is on some desert path in California?  Seems to fit quite a bit of the songs.

It's james deans corpse driving a car with some blonde woman next to him. not really sure how that fits into California at all. 

Besides Enema, has blink's album artwork ever been that good? Cheshire/Buddha/Dude Ranch are funny in a shitty kind of way. Enema is iconic. TOYPAJ-meh. untitled-could be better, a little bland. Neighborhoods- it's ok. California- could have been more "complete"..i like the art, but the cropping was a bit odd of a decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Besides Enema, has blink's album artwork ever been that good? Cheshire/Buddha/Dude Ranch are funny in a shitty kind of way. Enema is iconic. TOYPAJ-meh. untitled-could be better, a little bland. Neighborhoods- it's ok. California- could have been more "complete"..i like the art, but the cropping was a bit odd of a decision.

Enema and untitled are both iconic.

• Like 2

Enema and Untitled are great albums covers, the others are all just pretty average in my opinion. I liked the idea of the Neighborhoods artwork but a bit of color could of made it more creative and stand out. California is kind of the opposite. I think the colors and the layout are really cool but it just doesn't fit the actual album very well. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's james deans corpse driving a car with some blonde woman next to him. not really sure how that fits into California at all. 

Wait is that honestly it? Haha, not sure how I missed that.  I still think it has the relationship vibe, but that's about it.

I love the TOYPAJ cover, probably my favourite one. no idea why I just love it. 

the earlier ones are lamer although I do love the dude ranch cover, TMTTS is probably the best one though. 

• Like 2