California Deluxe Album

Ghent

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yep. And the work is already done. It's just a matter of releasing it.

Just the typical people wanting to pick and cry about everything even though there is a 0% chance they'll admit to liking the new material anyway.

Wrong. If I think it's good I'm the first who says so.

For example BTD and San Diego are two awesome songs. 

Im legit shocked anyone cares, really. 

I think Mark should just shut his damn mouth to anyone about release dates until they know for sure because thats just common sense but it could literally come out in 2018 and we'd still have it sooner than any other blink album successor. 

• Like 1

I think I'll enjoy this album more than the original release purely on because I know what to expect. With California I was expecting some hybrid version of Blink/Alk3 and went into it with my expectations way too high and I guess I kind of ruined it for myself in a way. This time around I know the deal. If there's a departure to a more mature, darker sound I'll be delighted. Surprised, but delighted. 

• Like 1

Well I'm expecting 14 songs about being a teenager where every 30 seconds is a whoa or nanana that all sound like they've been sprinkled with sugar and cocaine. 

Honestly if its anything better than that I'll be happier. 

• Like 2

I've been quite open about my love for Hey I'm Sorry. The only thing I don't like about that song is the chorus. The final chorus is fine but those woahs don't fit in the first two IMO. Just sounds so unnatural to me. And for an album that has a lot of woahs, that song has the worst ones. I don't mind the intro, they fit there I think, but they can fuck right off when it comes to the chorus. The verses and the prechorus might just be the best part of California if we're talking about specific parts of each song from the whole album.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I've been quite open about my love for Hey I'm Sorry. The only thing I don't like about that song is the chorus. The final chorus is fine but those woahs don't fit in the first two IMO. Just sounds so unnatural to me. And for an album that has a lot of woahs, that song has the worst ones. I don't mind the intro, they fit there I think, but they can fuck right off when it comes to the chorus. The verses and the prechorus might just be the best part of California if we're talking about specific parts of each song from the whole album.

I hate the chorus, hate the intro, find the pre chorus a bit dull and a little awkward, but the verses are the best thing on the whole album. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I seriously want the blinkumentary more than new music. Even before Neighborhoods, I was more excited about the documentary than the new album.

I really really want to see how bad it is, but I imagine we'll never see it - its probably tied up in legal garbage. could probably be classed as defamation of character against Tom. 

• Like 1

No chance in hell we ever see the Blinkumentary.it was doomed from the start, reunion under false pretenses, amateur idiots who didn't know what they were doing, uptight band not happy with final product. It never had a chance. Its pretty hilarious how there was all this anticipation and hype over it and we'll never see it.

But I would image there is a chance of doing another one with the new lineup.

More than a delay, I think this is just a matter of adjusting timings between Grammys and European Tour. I guess an hipotetical winning on the Grammys would have accelerated the outcome of new music and, maybe, the release date, because they would have to re-launch te winning record, and the label wouldn't go to promote the 'old' version. So now, with no award, the think falls more into the tour slot, I think.

The thing about Tom's delays is that blink keep on delaying shit while Tom was still announcing and doing things with AvA or making those releases coicide with blink's ones. That's what was really upsetting. They would go for a kind of deadline, and they they would push it back without an official reason, at the same time we were seeing how Tom was doing shit with AvA.I mean, they did a full summer tour without new music, despite the fact that they launched Up All Night in the middle of that summer, when the original plan they announced was to release the album before the tour.

3 hours ago, Olidamus said:

That being said, this could be Feb 2018 and no album, and you'd still find Ghent on here trying to make excuses, he did it with neighborhoods too.

If it's February 2018 and this hasn't came out yet then it will be because they decided to release it as a separate album. I'd be fine with that. If it's good enough to be it's own album then I will glady accept it one year from now.

And this delay has nothing to do with Grammys, nothing to do with Tom. It is FINISHED. Label just has to figure out best way to release it and how to time it.