California Deluxe Album

Ghent

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Or maybe he just deletes his tweets who fucking cares move on have a great day

Biggest Markbot ever...it's no big deal that he deletes some of his tweets but you get offended because of everything that someone says against Mark... 

2 minutes ago, ...and then said:

Biggest Markbot ever...it's no big deal that he deletes some of his tweets but you get offended because of everything that someone says against Mark... 

Actually- always much preferred sane Tom to Mark. I was quite the tombot back in the mental health era

7 hours ago, boxelder said:

it kinda doesn't though, since twitter treats replies separately than it does normal tweets -- they're categorized differently. so "keeping his timeline clean" is kind-of a non-issue, unless he has some sort of complex about having more than 1,200 tweets lol

though now it makes sense why it's impossible to find any old mark tweets.

It depends on the app people use, I use Tweetbot and if I click on Mark's tweets everything is included in one big timeline. So yes, @ replies would be annoying to read there.

It's just him being anal about his timeline, I use to do the same thing. And as @NotNow said, if someone clicks on his tweets, they'll see all the good stuff... not the unfunny tweets, RTs that are no longer relevant, or a ton of replies to fans which have no context. 

Tom usually posts stuff and deletes it within an hour once he realizes he acted impulsively or has second thoughts about it, it's completely different than Mark just doing routine timeline maintenance a week or two after.

To be honest, I've never considered Tom sane. He's always been loopy. I remember coming across some old website from 1995 where they both posted on some punk community forum or whatever it was. The link was put on this site somewhere and my God, Tom's comment although hilarious, it was like reading an Eric Cartman post or something. The dude is insane. Always has been and always will. I guess he just became more unreliable over time regarding blink. People go different ways as they age. Friendships die or change and that's exactly what happened IMO. Then there was also the painkiller addiction Tom went through during 2001-2002 or whatever year it was. I don't take drugs, never have or will, but they can't be good on the mind of a dude that's already loopy.

People change and develop different tastes. Tom got more into progressive music. Travis got more into hip hop. Mark got more into indie rock or whatever random bands he listens to nowadays. They just get older whilst keeping some of the same traits they'll always have. Tom has always been loopy or wrong in the head. Just he was a great songwriter and still kind of is when he's allowing input from other people. I don't care what type of music he'd write for blink if he was still in the band, I'm 100% sure that the music with him, Mark and Travis would be great if they were able to function properly as a band. Those three always did create beautiful music together, no matter how immature, poppy or synthy it was. Them three were just great when functioning properly.

Oliver says Mark was very serious & business like whenever he's seen him. I have a feeling that Mark hasn't always been like this either. Hard to imagine him in the Enema days being like that but he definitely does come across as serious in some more recent videos of blink.

I always liked tom more than mark.

and even now when tom is clearly a whole other person......i still like him better.

just by watching interviews and stuff, i feel like mark really lost a sense of youth around him. Its like mark's inner child died somewhere during the reunion.

while tom clearly has that childish spark, yes he's weird......but i still get a much better vibe from him than from mark.

don't know if this makes sense. but somehow i feel like this.

We are always talking about how tom changed. but mark also changed for the worse. And don't say ''age'' cause i know 50+ people who are more energized and youthfull. mark seems to be kinda dull/serious/lifeless. not all the time.....but way more than back in the day.

its really weird him singing ''whats my age again'' these days

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I always liked tom more than mark.

and even now when tom is clearly a whole other person......i still like him better.

just by watching interviews and stuff, i feel like mark really lost a sense of youth around him. Its like mark's inner child died somewhere during the reunion.

while tom clearly has that childish spark, yes he's weird......but i still get a much better vibe from him than from mark.

don't know if this makes sense. but somehow i feel like this.

Yeah, I agree. I always get better vibes coming off Tom too. Really he hasn't done anything wrong apart from mislead blink so much with his unreliability. That's the only problem I have with him. Oh and his organisation can be shocking too. He's a busy dude but he definitely has the time to commit to a blink album whilst he's doing his movies, books, documentary's and what not. Look at how Trio works. They aren't exactly active, but they make it work. It also looks like to me Travis is way more busy than Tom too, yet finds the time to do drumming for just about anyone.

Tom is just unreliable when it comes to blink. That's the only problem with him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

To be honest, I've never considered Tom sane. He's always been loopy. I remember coming across some old website from 1995 where they both posted on some punk community forum or whatever it was. The link was put on this site somewhere and my God, Tom's comment although hilarious, it was like reading an Eric Cartman post or something. The dude is insane.

here you go!

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.punk/JDQpMFTKSmg/NNLkWw-vfekJ

Dave Liberation=incestuous pig
     This is Tom from Blink-182.  I felt that I should throw something in.  Mark tries to stick to the subjects and not try and get personal, but I'll be the first to say that Dave, you remind me of my dog's diarreah.
     Where the fuck were you ten years ago when punk first started when the Sex Pistols and Ramones were the pioneers of this new scene?  And they were on major labels, but are you going to go up to Jonny Rotten's face and tell him that he isn't punk?  This is what you'll probably say: "Hey, brother.  My name's Dave, and I'm punker than you.  Want to hear my political beliefs?  By the way, I sleep with my dog."  Better yet, go to Mike Ness from Social Distortion.  You'd probably say, "I know I was probably wishing i were one of the kids molested by Michael Jackson when you were in a punk band, but now I want to tell you why you're not punk."  What do you think Keith Morris of black flag would say when you tell him that his band is a sellout?  Are you sleeping with the guys over at Maximum Cock and Hole? Because where did you get your political beliefs?  You didn't seem to have them two years ago when you wanted us on your CD, because we haven't changed at all.  But you have.  I bet you started becoming more punk when you realized that your hand on your Dad's dick wasn't a pleasant enough sound to be mic'ed through the PA in front of 1000 people at a punk show.  You have no talent, just your fucked-up beliefs that have only surfaced within the past five years.  Where do you get off telling Joe Escalante that his band the Vandals aren't punk?  Where were you when they first started?  I bet back then you figured out that licking your mom's pussy in the snow didn't make it a snocone.  Too bad because that pussy was still attatched to your mouth, and you had to have it surgically removed.  Well, not removed, it's still there, or is that just your breath?  If you feel so strong about your ethics enough to write shit about everyone, why do you never say it to anyone's face?  You hide behind your zines and the internet.  Shit, I saw you at the show in Temecula and you just hung your head and walked by.  But that's okay.  I can see why you'd be ashamed.  I would be too if I were as fat and ugly as you.  AND THAT SMELL!!!!!  It's crazy that you're calling the early bands, the ones who sarted this music, sellouts and dorks, when you were still shitting your pants (wait, you still do that, I mean "when you were three years old") when they were making music.  It's obvious that you are in NO position to tell anybody who is punk or not, when you weren't even involved until just recently.  Are you gonna tell Jack Grisham from Joykiller/TSOL that he's not punk because he makes money doing what he loves?  You slag us for being on CEMA, but you don't even know the whole story.  On the East coast, kids could never find our record.  Not every place is like Southern California, there aren't cool mom+pop stores in every little town.  Not everybody gets great distribution, as you know.  But once again, you aren't in a band, have never been on tour, and never talk to kids who just like this style of music, and attitude, regardless of label or personal politics.
 Did I mention how bad you smell?  By the way, what the fuck is on your face?  Buddy, that peach fuzz thing just ain't happenin.  I have a friend that can get you testosterone pills that will not only help you grow some real hair on your face, but will also get you a decent set of testes.  Where do you get your info about our band, our label, and your sex life?  I guess in all of them, you're face-down, never knowing what's going on.  You hear stuff, but you're never sure what's up, or why it smells like your Dad's cologne.  Not only were you wrong about the money that we make, or who we work with, but you're dead wrong about thinking that you have the right to be judging the very people that created this whole scene, like the Vandals.  You're such an asshole.  Fuck Off.

Tom

• Like 4

Christ that Tom net flaming was a little hard to read. I mean, sounds like he was angrily trying to sound funny but a lot of that just seemed really stupid or didn't make any sense. yikes. maybe its a good thing he just sticks to twitter now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

Actually good point, I keep thinking 95 is way more recent than it is haha

Yep...I have a towel from the FIFA worldcup 1994 in the US. It's the first football tournament I have a real memory of and I kept it for nostalgic reasons even if has been washed 1000 times and you can barely see the print on it...it hit me last time that this was 23!! years ago...holy shit...

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Actually good point, I keep thinking 95 is way more recent than it is haha

I do too which makes no sense because I was literally four years old in 95. I feel like the 90s just happened until I realize I'm an adult man who makes my own sandwiches and pours my own cereal and I didn't do that shit in the 90s because my mother loved me so much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kay said:

Christ that Tom net flaming was a little hard to read. I mean, sounds like he was angrily trying to sound funny but a lot of that just seemed really stupid or didn't make any sense. yikes. maybe its a good thing he just sticks to twitter now. 

I thought it was hilarious, I've read it before..wish Tom was that funny and cool today

• Like 2