California Deluxe Album

Ghent

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

I've listened to Misery like 3 times, and I can't remember a single thing about how the song goes 

Welcome to the club!

Coffee and doughnuts in the back and don't forget your name tag.

• Like 1

"We wanted to do an old school blink throwback."

"This song totally legitimizes the deluxe album."

"This song is darker than anything since Untitled and arrived fully formed. We recorded it with John in 2 takes."

"This song is just as good as anything on California."

• Like 3

I'm at work and therefore not able to post scans of the article, but here some notes:

Parking Lot was the last song written, due to the fact that they noticed that a lot of the songs were down-tempo and angry

Good Old Days has a kind of dance-hyprid chorus, like The Killers something upbeat and a little dancier

Don't Mean Anything they started all over, as the first iteration sounded like The Police

Last Train Home a song about Viatnemese soldiers coming to America

Wildfire a song Matt and Mark wrote together, lyrics don't have a lot of special meaning

6/8 strangest blink song ever recorded. it's in 6/8 time, very angry and agressive. Mark's favorite and he loves the guitars in it.

Long Lost Feeling was written on the same day as Last Train Home, so they go kinda along together

Bottom of the Ocean they worked on it late at night, it's built around keyboards and not guitars for once

Can't get you more pregnant joke song, which was written in 2 minutes over coffee with Feldmann

Also it seems that Feldmann had his hands all over it again, but that's not a big suprise isn't it?

Based on that review I'm really excited for Good Old Days, 6/8 and Bottom of the Ocean

its weird to mention that wildfire is a song matt and mark wrote together. surely they should all be written together? curious about it anyway. Last Train Home could either be interesting or just plain awful.

I'm curious about 6/8, I'll listen to it all but I'm not fussed on any of the others. good to know that Parking Lot was their answer to it being more down though, I guess. 

• Like 1

This is interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing 6/8, Last Train Home, and Bottom of the Ocean. I don't think blink have tackled a topic like Vietnamese soldiers coming to America before, but the fact that they've done it under Feldmann is either a good or bad sign. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

23 minutes ago, Nasa said:

This is interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing 6/8, Last Train Home, and Bottom of the Ocean. I don't think blink have tackled a topic like Vietnamese soldiers coming to America before, but the fact that they've done it under Feldmann is either a good or bad sign. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

this. I really wonder how that works in a blink song, lyrics better be great on that one.

• Like 1