California Deluxe Album

Ghent

10 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Why doesn't Mark just write Matt's guitar parts more?  He seems to have good ideas saved up.. This second riff supposedly was suppose to go on +44's next album if there were to be one.. It's already 10x better than anything on California by a long shot.

#teammark

Bin Feldmann and write songs like this, I'll be mega onside with that.

I can't believe that songs like Parking Lot are getting made while riffs like this have just been binned.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wasn't HISALP supposed to drop as a new single tomorrow?

It seems a bit odd to me that they are dropping singles from California while gradually dropping songs from the deluxe version. 

I'd have thought they would have waited for one cycle to end before beginning the next.

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It seems a bit odd to me that they are dropping singles from California while gradually dropping songs from the deluxe version. 

I'd have thought they would have waited for one cycle to end before beginning the next.

Not really odd Bands release 3-4 new songs before new albums come out all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Not really odd Bands release 3-4 new songs before new albums come out all the time. 

Yeah that's pretty usual.

I'm more referring to the fact they're still releasing main singles off California while dropping the deluxe edition tracks online. Usually, I would expect a band to finish the cycle of the album and then drop a lead single off the deluxe version to promote it further and give the main album a second wind and generate further sales for it. 

No problem with it all, just an observation. 

• Like 1

My hunch is that the deluxe will be full of "grower" type songs. Both Parking Lot and Misery are getting better for me with time, while the original California songs stuck with me from first listen.

I think HISALP and Sober could be bigger than BTD and SOOHM were last year. So I don't expect the deluxe to have any songs that are obvious "hits." They should be good in that department to ride through another year, using the singles and the Deluxe to boost their album sales.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My hunch is that the deluxe will be full of "grower" type songs. Both Parking Lot and Misery are getting better for me with time, while the original California songs stuck with me from first listen.

I think HISALP and Sober could be bigger than BTD and SOOHM were last year. So I don't expect the deluxe to have any songs that are obvious "hits." They should be good in that department to ride through another year, using the singles and the Deluxe to boost their album sales.

So when a song sucks like Parking Lot, it's considered a "grower" now...sure.

I believe Blink nowadays is trying to write hits and radio friendly songs as much as possible (as seen on the "normal" Cali ablum). Why should they change it now for the Deluxe? Makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

So when a song sucks like Parking Lot, it's considered a "grower" now...sure.

I believe Blink nowadays is trying to write hits and radio friendly songs as much as possible (as seen on the "normal" Cali ablum). Why should they change it now for the Deluxe? Makes no sense. 

Untitled was an entire album filled with growers for me, besides Feeling This, which I liked off the bat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Untitled was an entire album filled with growers for me, besides Feeling This, which I liked off the bat.

True. But the style of songwriting and songs the aimed for were completely different when they recorded that album. 

• Like 1

I have a memory of playing untitled to a friend of mine in high school who rejected it as blink and was disgusted when it first came out.

It was pretty controversial here as well. Everyone expected an album full of Feeling This

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I remember when Feeling This was released on Madden that year i turned off all the other songs on that game and just had Feeling This on a repeat. 

haha i did the same. I listened to it on my minidisc player every morning before school. Yep, minidisc.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I have a memory of playing untitled to a friend of mine in high school who rejected it as blink and was disgusted when it first came out.

It was pretty controversial here as well. Everyone expected an album full of Feeling This

Yup, it was bold and a rebirth of the band.

I never thought Feeling This sounded different to the rest of untitled. I remember hearing Feeling This for the first time, I almost squealed when it came on TV and I jumped around the living room like a maniac. but I wasn't disappointed when I heard the rest of the record I thought it was all just well suited. I think the production on the record makes it so cohesive that I never questioned it, really. 

• Like 2