California Deluxe Album

Ghent

Man I wish they keep in this direction. The direction of the songs we hadn't listened. Not the shitty parking lot and wildfire songs.

If the poppy songs sound like Good Old Days it's fine with me. I really had lost all hope for every band I was listening growing up but I hope at least blink can manage to deliver with their next release.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Is there a female singing in Bottom of the Ocean?  It really seems like it though I can't say for sure (sorry if this has already been asked).  Regardless I like the sound of it, makes me think a little of Make You Smile and what +44 was originally going to be.  They should have a female singer appear in more blink songs, it sounds good.

Edit:  looking at wikipedia I see a female named Simon Wilcox is partially credited for the writing of the song, I'm guessing she does indeed sing in it.  I approve of this choice if that is the case.

"She has written multiple platinum and gold singles, working with artists such as Nick Jonas, Enrique Iglesias, Tinashe, Demi Lovato, Five Seconds of Summer, Britney Spears, Fifth Harmony, and DNCE"

Sounds about right for a Feldmann songwriting choice

giphy.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

"She has written multiple platinum and gold singles, working with artists such as Nick Jonas, Enrique Iglesias, Tinashe, Demi Lovato, Five Seconds of Summer, Britney Spears, Fifth Harmony, and DNCE"

Sounds about right for a Feldmann songwriting choice

giphy.gif

Well I don't know her, and I don't care about her credentials, she sounds good in the song, and I love the overall song too, so whatever writing she contributed, I'm A-OK with.

Side note, Jason Batemen just confirmed the other day on Twitter that he just signed his contract for Season 5 of Arrested Development and that filming should start soon this summer.  Can't wait!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Well I don't know her, and I don't care about her credentials, she sounds good in the song, and I love the overall song too, so whatever writing she contributed, I'm A-OK with.

Side note, Jason Batemen just confirmed the other day on Twitter that he just signed his contract for Season 5 of Arrested Development and that filming should start soon this summer.  Can't wait!

Hell yeah! I'm just goofing around about her credentials anyway haha

• Like 1

i like three songs on the deluxe. overall, i like 10 out of 27 songs. it sucks that they could have put together one decent album out of all these, but instead we're stuck with a lot of really awful songs. "last train home" is my favorite. that's what i've wanted from them this whole time. i bet feldmann thinks its the weakest track. 

• Like 2

Still haven't listen to this, I can sit out a few more days. 

Good Old Days and Bottom of the Ocean are the songs they have used songwriters from the outside (except for Feldmann). Do they differ from the rest of the song?

Bottom of the Ocean is not blink, but i love everything about it. This album amazes me at first listen. First few are weaker but boy it gets stronger. 

Fucking mixed feelings, blinks winning me back.. See you guys in stockholm.

• Like 2

Haven't really had a chance to give this a PROPER listen yet (despite the fact i was up and online when it leaked!) 

Heard all the songs but not a chance to actively bask in them. Gonna roll me a big ol' fatty now and let this happen!

May or not report back with my verdict ;) (not that anyone massively cares :P) 

• Like 1

Fucked up thing is my GF broke up with me 2 months ago, she gave me 2 tickets to Blink in Rotterdam right before she broke up with me. Didnt really want to go, also because i thought california was a bit of a let down. This got me excited again!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

Fucked up thing is my GF broke up with me 2 months ago, she gave me 2 tickets to Blink in Rotterdam right before she broke up with me. Didnt really want to go, also because i thought california was a bit of a let down. This got me excited again!

Nice breakup gift. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

1.) fix that

2.) on a PC, nero will overburn. on mac, use burn:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Keep up buddy, I already said I got it overburned successfully (found software called Dragon Burn for macs that can overburn).  Not gonna "fix that" because there is nothing to fix, I'm very happy with how I play music in my car.  When the time comes to get a new car I'll be sure to get one with aux-in or bluetooth, but for now I'm more than content.

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

how is dragon burn?

Worked really well, burned at the 320kbps that it arrived in with no gaps between songs successfully on the first try, though its a trial so I only get 10 free burns before you have to register.  Considering this was only required for this one burn here at work, and I don't plan on burning anything else anytime soon at least not here, I have no complaints with it, and would recommend it to any other Mac user looking to overburn a CD.  Though it did take me a few minutes to figure out how exactly to set the preferences correctly, it could be a little more streamlined/straightforward, but it wasn't something I couldn't figure out after a little tinkering.