California Deluxe Album

Ghent

I can get through Deluxe a few times if I skip past Parking Lot & Misery.  I just pretend it's not blink.

If you combined all the best parts of each song from Deluxe, I bet you could make 1 or 2 actually solid songs though.  Think Misery intro, Hey Im Sorry verses, Wildfire prechorus, Last Train chorus & synth part, Don't Mean Anything's bridge, BOTO experimentation influence, and 6/8s time measure and there you have it! A vintage song.

I basically only listen to 6/8. maybe Last Train Home sometimes, that's basically it. I like those two tracks more than the tracks from the first California though so idk. 

• Like 2

i listened to it in full a week or two ago, very forgettable. i sorta like cali and dlx as i can enjoy hyper-poppy/overproduced shit, but it's not what i like in blink, so for that reason it's hard for me to embrace it. i warmed to long lost feeling for sure though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I basically only listen to 6/8. maybe Last Train Home sometimes, that's basically it. I like those two tracks more than the tracks from the first California though so idk. 

I'm the same, but I probably like a little more tracks than you do haha. I like Misery, Long Lost Feeling & Bottom of the Ocean as well. Good Old Days has grown on me to the point that I bought the song from iTunes. As for the other tracks, they just don't exist in my mind. Made my own California album by making a playlist of the songs I like from the deluxe and original.

5 hours ago, RAX said:

I think i will enjoy WDNTW acoustic 1000x more than California. The clips Tom has posted sound pretty awesome. Its gonna be a easy listening album with a different spin on a good album. 

I'm interested in hearing Distraction because I think it was on Start the Machine DVD where they talked about how Tom's voice changed and that was one of the first tracks they did. I was hoping blink would've done an acoustic release like this or an "unplugged" album like when they did those live acoustic performances of Waggy, Give Me One Good Reason and so on... and no tombot love but I'm stoked to hear this Strange Times EP when it comes out in 6 years...