What If: Tom returned, Skiba stayed, Blink = 4 Piece Band?

surfbro16

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Were you in the studio pushing buttons?  Please give us more inside knowledge.

You can tell he has a lot more to give just listening to his work with ALK3, i would love blink releasing songs in the vein of "She Wolf" a song from Skiba solo record, catchy as hell and good stuff.

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So when Skiba says he wrote Left Alone we should just assume he's lying?

And those lyrics on the album pertaining to shit in Skiba's personal life...that was just Feldy right?

I'm not sure what backing guitar parts have to do with anything here. As Oliver the wise would say- strawman.

I'm not saying he didn't write lyrics & vocals.. I'm talking about his guitar parts. Even Feldman said they kept KOTW only because it was one of the only songs with a standout guitar part. So I think it's fair to rip on his guitar parts until he proves otherwise  

Yeah, but at the same time, had he busted out a bunch of Tom Delonge style riffs the same bunch would be crying because he's not original and is just trying to copy Tom. Another no win situation constructed by the bots

4 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I'm not saying he didn't write lyrics & vocals.. I'm talking about his guitar parts. Even Feldman said they kept KOTW only because it was one of the only songs with a standout guitar part. So I think it's fair to rip on his guitar parts until he proves otherwise  

So now the revisionist history is acting like Tom was the Jimi Hendrix of pop-punk.  

He traded in any creativity a decade ago with paper thin guitar tones and an obsession with shitty effects.

Skiba is doing just fine. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, but at the same time, had he busted out a bunch of Tom Delonge style riffs the same bunch would be crying because he's not original and is just trying to copy Tom. Another no win situation constructed by the bots

I think even you can admit there is no fucking guitar on this album; or maybe you can't because you aren't a musician. But let me tell you, the fucking guitar is absent on this motherfucker. Ok?

I don't mean there is no guitar at all, its there, but guitar is meant to be the star of the show and its taking a backseat. Kind of like having sex with your dick tucked behind you. It needs to be brought out and be the star of the show at least sometimes.

Didn't happen on California once IMO.

Didn't want "Tom Delonge riffs" but would have loved some fucking guitar man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

I think even you can admit there is no fucking guitar on this album; or maybe you can't because you aren't a musician. But let me tell you, the fucking guitar is absent on this motherfucker. Ok?

I don't mean there is no guitar at all, its there, but guitar is meant to be the star of the show and its taking a backseat. Kind of like having sex with your dick tucked behind you. It needs to be brought out and be the star of the show at least sometimes.

Didn't happen on California once IMO.

Didn't want "Tom Delonge riffs" but would have loved some fucking guitar man.

The album is lacking powerful lead guitar, but it survived fine without it. Doesn't mean Skiba didn't contribute to the album.

And it has nothing to do with whether I'm a musician or not. If you are one, i'm sure you're mediocre at best, so I'd say that was more of a strange attempt at landing an insult than anything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Not true at all, Blink has always had  guitar parts in their songs. It's part of their identity. No future had a cool intro, not Delonge esque at all. Skibba has written good guitar parts in the past with Alkaline.. He's not incapable.. if he is, he shouldn't be in well known trio rock band.  Seriously, he could have brought ANYTHING more than backing rhythm guitar tracks, that's so generic and lame for Blink's sound.

I guess I'm a guitarist so maybe I'm biased on this but I'd imagine most Blink fans know something about guitar..Aka guitar in dumpweed vs she's out of her mind

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Not true at all, Blink has always had  guitar parts in their songs. It's part of their identity. No future had a cool intro, not Delonge esque at all. Skibba has written good guitar parts in the past with Alkaline.. He's not incapable.. if he is, he shouldn't be in well known trio rock band.  Seriously, he could have brought ANYTHING more than backing rhythm guitar tracks, that's so generic and lame for Blink's sound.

I guess I'm a guitarist so maybe I'm biased on this but I'd imagine most Blink fans know something about guitar..Aka guitar in dumpweed vs she's out of her mind

What kind of riffs did your sacred album Untitled have?!?!

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love that blink is active again and it seems like they're having a great time, but in my opinion the music has suffered, and I'd almost rather wait five years between Neighborhoods-style blink albums than get more frequent California-style blink albums. With that said, I don't really expect current blink to keep making music that sounds like California forever. Their next album could sound totally different (not gonna count California Deluxe in this, I fully expect that to still sound like California), and if that's the case, I'm happy. I like it when blink tries new things and experiments more with their sound.

Sounds fair. I don't mind them trying new things from time to time either but everyone who fell in love with blink wasn't because they listened to neighborhoods. It was when they listened to dude ranch/enema. Untitled was a great change, but did I want all there next albums to sound like that? No. When bands change their sound on every album I start to ferl lost on why I liked them. Thrice is a good example. Thy changed so much over the years. It's not bad to change it up but atleast go back to your roots here and there. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The album is lacking powerful lead guitar, but it survived fine without it. Doesn't mean Skiba didn't contribute to the album.

And it has nothing to do with whether I'm a musician or not. If you are one, i'm sure you're mediocre at best, so I'd say that was more of a strange attempt at landing an insult than anything.

It's not about the music, it's about the look. And with that dope ass custom Tom Delonge signature guitar, you bet your ass Oliver has the look,

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's obvious Skiba didn't go crazy on guitar for this album. Could be many reasons for that. Don't need to be a c-rate Tom Delonge riff machine to notice this.

Than what is being argued? Lol that's all I said. That he wrote all backing guitar tracks

19 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

What kind of riffs did your sacred album Untitled have?!?!

Untitled isn't my sacred album. But pretty much every song on that album besides I Miss You and Lost Without You had good creative guitar parts. 

Kind of a wasteless argument, even Feldman said there were no driving guitar parts.  There wasn't. It's not an argument.

Doesn't mean you can't like the album.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Sounds fair. I don't mind them trying new things from time to time either but everyone who fell in love with blink wasn't because they listened to neighborhoods. It was when they listened to dude ranch/enema. Untitled was a great change, but did I want all there next albums to sound like that? No. When bands change their sound on every album I start to ferl lost on why I liked them. Thrice is a good example. Thy changed so much over the years. It's not bad to change it up but atleast go back to your roots here and there. 

Yeah, I get that too. There needs to be a balance. Even Untitled had throwback songs like Go and Feeling This, and I love those songs. I think California was just a little too much of a throwback, where Neighborhoods probably wasn't enough of a throwback. Definitely try new things and experiment, while at the same time writing some stuff that sounds familiar.

• Like 2