Ideal blink-182 album: Songs from 2011-2016

Nosferatu

Blink have had a pretty inconsistent catalogue of songs from the reunion and onwards. Neighborhoods had a mixed reception and so does California right now. When I say mixed, I'm talking of blink fans only. Neighborhoods if I remember correctly, actually had a pretty decent reception. Only in recent years, people see through the flaws of it. California also has a good reception outside of blink fans it seems too. It has a Grammy nomination for starters. 

I do think that blink have enough songs from 2011 and onwards, to make an album that could possibly reach the standards of the smiley face album. However, I include some AVA songs as well as some of Tom's solo songs. I'm also not counting the California album, as I'm waiting for the Deluxe edition, so I think the California songs should be the "next album" or whatever. If you were to make an album of blink songs from 2011 and onwards, which songs would make the cut? Be specific in the order, which starts off the album, which closes it off.

Like I said, AVA songs can be included or Tom's solo songs. As long as they were released around the Neighborhoods era and onwards (Chasing Shadows being the latest).

Here is my list, which I've also made as a playlist on iTunes.

1. When I Was Young
2. Up All Night
3. Suburban Kings
4. Overload
5. Heart's All Gone (+ the interlude)
6. Snake Charmer
7. Fighting the Gravity
8. Circle-Jerk-Pit
9. Mercenaries
10. Ghost on the Dance Floor
11. Kaleidoscope
12. The Fighting Season
13. MH
14. Love is Dangerous
15. Chasing Shadows
16. Anomaly

There were other songs I tried to include, but it's pretty Tom heavy. That's why MH is there. This is an hour long too. Circle-Jerk-Pit is the "Go" of this album/playlist. Not the biggest fan of that song, but I do like to think Tom intended that song to be for blink had he never left. The AVA songs on there are in my opinion what sound most like blink (except the last two, I chose those two because they sound like closing songs). Suburban Kings in my opinion sounds very blink but in a poppy way. I wanted After Midnight on there but Suburban Kings has a slight bit more experimenting, hence why I chose that.

I also wanted to keep a similar vibe when making this playlist. That stadium rock, indie rock vibe both Mark & Tom would talk about often. Maybe it's a waste of time doing this but I don't care. I'm just curious what songs other people would choose for the ideal blink-182 album around this era.

I love some AVA songs from that era, but I'll stick with blink. Also, I wanted to include "Up All Night", "Even If She Falls", "Hey I'm Sorry" and "Teenage Satellites", 18 songs would probably be too much, though. 

1. Ghost On The Dance Floor
  2. Bored To Death
  3. Sober
  4. Disaster
  5. After Midnight
  6. Natives
  7. Cynical
  8. Home Is Such A Lonely Place
  9. Snake Charmer
  10. San Diego
  11. When I Was Young
  12. Left Alone
  13. Kaleidoscope
  14. Wishing Well
  15. Los Angeles
  16. Fighting The Gravity
  17. Pretty Little Girl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Blink have had a pretty inconsistent catalogue of songs from the reunion and onwards. Neighborhoods had a mixed reception and so does California right now. When I say mixed, I'm talking of blink fans only. Neighborhoods if I remember correctly, actually had a pretty decent reception. Only in recent years, people see through the flaws of it. California also has a good reception outside of blink fans it seems too. It has a Grammy nomination for starters. 

I do think that blink have enough songs from 2011 and onwards, to make an album that could possibly reach the standards of the smiley face album. However, I include some AVA songs as well as some of Tom's solo songs. I'm also not counting the California album, as I'm waiting for the Deluxe edition, so I think the California songs should be the "next album" or whatever. If you were to make an album of blink songs from 2011 and onwards, which songs would make the cut? Be specific in the order, which starts off the album, which closes it off.

Like I said, AVA songs can be included or Tom's solo songs. As long as they were released around the Neighborhoods era and onwards (Chasing Shadows being the latest).

Here is my list, which I've also made as a playlist on iTunes.

1. When I Was Young
2. Up All Night
3. Suburban Kings
4. Overload
6. Snake Charmer
7. Fighting the Gravity
8. Circle-Jerk-Pit
9. Mercenaries
11. Kaleidoscope
12. The Fighting Season
13. MH
14. Love is Dangerous
15. Chasing Shadows
16. Anomaly

There were other songs I tried to include, but it's pretty Tom heavy. That's why MH is there. This is an hour long too. Circle-Jerk-Pit is the "Go" of this album/playlist. Not the biggest fan of that song, but I do like to think Tom intended that song to be for blink had he never left. The AVA songs on there are in my opinion what sound most like blink (except the last two, I chose those two because they sound like closing songs). Suburban Kings in my opinion sounds very blink but in a poppy way. I wanted After Midnight on there but Suburban Kings has a slight bit more experimenting, hence why I chose that.

I also wanted to keep a similar vibe when making this playlist. That stadium rock, indie rock vibe both Mark & Tom would talk about often. Maybe it's a waste of time doing this but I don't care. I'm just curious what songs other people would choose for the ideal blink-182 album around this era.

There's like 3 or 4 songs with mark on...

Might aswel call it a tom album not blink

• Like 1

I think it makes more sense to include Cali songs than to include AVA or Tom Solo songs. Here's my Neighborfornia album, I think it all fits together pretty well actually haha:

1. Cynical
2. Even If She Falls
3. Kaleidoscope
4. San Diego
5. Ghost On The Dance Floor
6. The Only Thing That Matters
7. Natives
8. Up All Night
9. Bored To Death
10. Heart's All Gone
11. Wishing Well
12. Left Alone
13. After Midnight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

1. When I Was Young
2. Up All Night
3. Suburban Kings
4. Overload
6. Snake Charmer
7. Fighting the Gravity
8. Circle-Jerk-Pit
9. Mercenaries
11. Kaleidoscope
12. The Fighting Season
13. MH
14. Love is Dangerous
15. Chasing Shadows
16. Anomaly

Man that looks more like a "Worst of Tom Delonge" collection disc to me.

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

There's like 3 or 4 songs with mark on...

Might aswel call it a tom album not blink

Yeah, I did say it was a pretty Tom heavy list. There really isn't much Mark songs from that era unless California is included. I was thinking of that song he did with Pete Wentz a few years back. Was Pete Wentz even singing in that? Sounds like it was all Mark to me.

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

Haven't we done this before? 

I'm not sure. I know we've done best songs of each album fairly recently, maybe before christmas. Never seen anything to do with choosing a collection of songs from this era to make an ideal blink album. 

30 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Man that looks more like a "Worst of Tom Delonge" collection disc to me.

Some of them songs I don't really go out of my way to listen to, like LID or CJP, but in my opinion I find they do go well together if linked with other songs, like MH leads into LID. If I wanted to include my favourites, PLG, Natives, Wishing Well, After Midnight and a couple of other tracks would be on there. That's the problem with Tom nowadays. He's more of a quantity over quality guy, but I enjoy them songs more than his other recent songs. Although PLG is his best in my opinion. It's hard to stick that song in there. It's not an opening song, it'd definitely have to be near the end somewhere I think.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Some of them songs I don't really go out of my way to listen to, like LID or CJP, but in my opinion I find they do go well together if linked with other songs, like MH leads into LID. If I wanted to include my favourites, PLG, Natives, Wishing Well, After Midnight and a couple of other tracks would be on there. That's the problem with Tom nowadays. He's more of a quantity over quality guy, but I enjoy them songs more than his other recent songs. Although PLG is his best in my opinion. It's hard to stick that song in there. It's not an opening song, it'd definitely have to be near the end somewhere I think.

I feel like those two are both a must on any list like this.

• Like 1

1. New World
2. An Endless Summer
3. Suburban Kings
4. The Invisible Parade
5. Circle-Jerk Pit
6. Landscapes
7. Animals
8. Golden Showers in the Golden State
9. Pretty Little Girl (Only the Yelawolf part)
10. Golden Showers in the Golden State (live)
11. Golden Showers in the Golden State (Mark Hoppus Remix)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

1. New World
2. An Endless Summer
3. Suburban Kings
4. The Invisible Parade
5. Circle-Jerk Pit
6. Landscapes
7. Animals
8. Golden Showers in the Golden State
9. Pretty Little Girl (Only the Yelawolf part)
10. Golden Showers in the Golden State (live)
11. Golden Showers in the Golden State (Mark Hoppus Remix)

Would the remix be like the Hallucinations remix he did? I still laugh at that whenever I hear it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Haha that remix is the single worst piece of music I've ever heard from anyone in the blink camp.

Agreed, but it is good to listen to if you ever want a quick laugh. I really do think that was an inside joke for Tom and Mark.

• Like 1