Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

7 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Your opinions on Blink music are odd, No Future is too Pop, Parking lot, is kind of pop too Whoa oh oh oh.

But yet, you think Sober is the best song they've done in years nanananana.

Just find that kind of odd........whoa oh oh oh.

I'm not big on modern pop punk.

Sober is more pop rock/alternative, which I enjoy.

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Ok, well that doesn't really answer what I was saying, but anyway, it can be a statistical fact that Sober is melodically devoid compared to other hit songs if an analysis was done that showed that.

So while my analysis is conjectural, I honestly can't think of a song that is a hit where the verse and the chorus are essentially the same melody.

Feeling This, Always, Rock Show?

• Like 3

we all have different opinions about what makes a song a "good song". I'm just going to state that sober is one of the first songs on California after first listen, I immediately really liked the song. It's catchy, the melodies fit, the lyrics were easy to remember.  I do think when you listen to songs for the first time, it matters what/where you are at the time. This song/album just brings me a summer vibe and I smile when it comes on. It also brings memories back  to my road trip down to Florida over the summer with my family. You can grow a connection with music just through the experiences even though you may have not liked it at the time. It's probably why we all have different tastes or part of the reason why.

"I know I messed up and it might be over let me call you when Im sober".

Minus the gang vocals that is essentially the entire song right there. There is some variation, but that is it basically. "I woke up in the pouring rain......" Basically the same melody. The "nanananana" also same melody.

It is a very cheap and bad song, and it is amazing how many people are fooled  by it. Its like a 60 year old stripper fooling everyone to think she's 20, with her plastic surgery and fake tits, and you guys got fooled.

i once said "basically the same", and had to prove it for weeks that i did not mean it as two professions being the same, they just approximately equally influence the result. (yet, some of you still mentions every now and than that i think those two things are the same.)

so be careful with those words, you may end up being "the guy who thinks different melodies are the same, haha".

the notes in the first beat (of the chorus and verses) have similar intervals, but they are not the same notes, not in the same order, not with the same rhythm, and this so called "similarity" holds for 2 seconds.

• Like 1