Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

It's disappointing to see their set list hasn't evolved as much since Tom was kicked out. I seem to remember Tom taking most of the heat in that aspect back in the day but here we are. I still think the most interesting concerts we got post-reunion were the Untitled shows. Would kill for one of those shows to be officially released as a live album but I bet Mark wouldn't ever consider that nowadays.

• Like 2

I find it interesting that most songs on the set list are Tom/Matt.  Many songs are easily replaceable.  Do we still need reckless abandon and dysentery Gary?  Those aren't singles and they could easily switch those out for something old or from california.

theyve played reckless abandon pretty much every show since 2001 and dysentery Gary has been played a lot since untitled era.  Set list criticism is redundant but I always shake my head when I see the set list.  Too commercial, oh well 

I think they try to stick to singles because they get so many casuals at shows, and sure Tom may have said once or twice that the set list was stale but I also doubt that Tom can even remember half of their old stuff, considering how little he thinks of blinks history. 

I think what they've done makes the most sense - it's the hits, lots from the recent album, and one or two deeper cuts. I really don't know what ya'll are expecting.

I do think they should be playing for longer, and therefore have more deep cuts in there, but apart from that I can't see why people are so butt hurt about it. If you don't like seeing the same set list all the time, maybe stop going to like 4 shows per tour? 

• Like 1

I used to think that it was Tom's fault because he was always the one to blame but  I never believed the story that he forgot how to play the old songs. Remember when people asked him to play some stuffs on modlife? There was that video in which he was asked to play waggy, out of the blue, on his acoustic guitar and he knew the riff. 

They can't made big changes on the setlist, this is what we get since they won't play for more than 90 minutes and we should just stick with it, but the last time I saw them (London 2014) they added Asthenia, Easy Target and All Of This to the setlist, and even if they still played the same songs, those 3 different songs made a big difference for me and I enjoyed the show even more. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I'll NEVER understand the whole they shouldn't play Tom song argument. Bands  change members ALL the time it happens. 

Come on, that's just being willfully ignorant haha. Bands don't change FRONTMEN all the time, and if they do it usually results in a giant lack of interest and results.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Come on, that's just being willfully ignorant haha. Bands don't change FRONTMEN all the time, and if they do it usually results in a giant lack of interest and results.

And that clearly didn't happen with Blink. 

I don't see it as a big deal that they play "Tom songs" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I'll NEVER understand the whole they shouldn't play Tom song argument. Bands  change members ALL the time it happens. 

Songs like Reckless Abandon or First Date, sure no problem. But Wishing Well feels just weird. It's about how Tom fucked up with Blink.

What if Matt would sing No It Isn't lol. It'd weird.