Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

I've never met anybody super famous and wouldn't pay to, but I've had great experiences running into people for a quick "hello, thanks for your music, etc" at the merch table or bar after smaller shows before. Last few years I've met Ben Kweller, Jeff Rosenstock and his band, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Rozwell Kid, Modern Baseball. Those kinda mid-level bands are obviously a lot easier to meet (and more appreciative) so it can be fun.

The worst is when you pay to meet someone and they are a dick... I've had this happen before and I'm like wtf nobody forced you to sit here and sign shit for 2 hours? At least Blink is nice, or pretends to be.

@Olidamus I usually ask for "To Ryan" when getting signatures as well, to me it lets them know I am a true fan and don't plan on selling it lol. It pisses me off when I have to pay extra for "To Ryan" though (usually their inscription fee), because I am essentially paying extra $ to make the item worthless or incredibly undesirable in the resale market.

I got to serve Adam Sandler twice when he came to the restaurant I worked at. It was a fine dining French restaurant and he came in wearing sneakers, basketball shorts and an old faded pink t-shirt which was 3 times too big for him haha. The second time he came in he left his black AMEX on the table so I had to chase him down the street to give it back.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Speaking of male celebrities and sex, I paid $80 to meet William Shatner, being a huge Star Trek fan, I was so excited. So he went to sign my picture and I said "make it out to James" and he said "what?" and I said "James, like James Doohan" and he said "Oh yeah, great guy" and he signed it and I said "Thank you" and he said "Thank you James".

I am sorry but hearing William Shatner call me by my name, I definitely got a boner.

Then I went to get my picture with him and I wanteds the picture with me shaking his hand, so I grabbed his hand, and he was ok with that, but then there was so confusion with the photographer which caused about a 30 second delay in taking the picture, and I could tell Shatner was getting uncomfortable holding my hand because his started to kind of pull away from me and the more he pulled away the more I grabbed his hand.

That is the result in the photo, its great because his hand is all curled up and I am like "no you are going to hold my hand dammit"

Again, I got a boner.

EABp7gM.jpg

Only Oliver hahaha..that is the most awkward handshake ever, but it makes for a great story

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Speaking of male celebrities and sex, I paid $80 to meet William Shatner, being a huge Star Trek fan, I was so excited. So he went to sign my picture and I said "make it out to James" and he said "what?" and I said "James, like James Doohan" and he said "Oh yeah, great guy" and he signed it and I said "Thank you" and he said "Thank you James".

I am sorry but hearing William Shatner call me by my name, I definitely got a boner.

Then I went to get my picture with him and I wanteds the picture with me shaking his hand, so I grabbed his hand, and he was ok with that, but then there was so confusion with the photographer which caused about a 30 second delay in taking the picture, and I could tell Shatner was getting uncomfortable holding my hand because his started to kind of pull away from me and the more he pulled away the more I grabbed his hand.

That is the result in the photo, its great because his hand is all curled up and I am like "no you are going to hold my hand dammit"

Again, I got a boner.

EABp7gM.jpg

Are you guys trying to blend in with the wallpaper behind you?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Olidamus said:

and he said "what?" and I said "James, like James Doohan" and he said "Oh yeah, great guy"

you know that was him being super snarky, right? him and doohan had a huge beef over the years. no one of the original cast hated shatner more.

In October I paid extra to meet Yellowcard in Utah. It was my sister's birthday, but I was in Utah and she was in Oregon. Instead of the photo that was part of the VIP package, I got a 4-second video of Yellowcard telling my sister happy birthday. That was probably worth the money (only like $70). Plus it was their farewell tour so I just felt like I needed to do it.

blink-182 are my heroes but I've never even considered one of their meet and greet packages. $750 is absolutely insane. I paid $20 for a Modlife subscription and got to hang out with Angels & Airwaves for 15 minutes. That was worth it.

I met Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan on the set of wedding crashers when I was eight. From what I recall I'm pretty sure I came off as having a disability from being so star struck. Owen Wilson was nice enough to take a picture with me though regardless even though they weren't supposed to on set. I vividly remember isla fisher only coming up to Vince Vaughans crotch and they would spend a lot of time dealing with that to get the shots right. Random tidbit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

you know that was him being super snarky, right? him and doohan had a huge beef over the years. no one of the original cast hated shatner more.

I think pretty much everyone on that cast hated Shatner.

But everyone except for George Takei, have made up with him, before Doohan died, they cleared things up between each other. So I think Shatner's comments were sincere. Now if I had been meeting Shatner in 1986, different story.

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

I met Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan on the set of wedding crashers when I was eight. From what I recall I'm pretty sure I came off as having a disability from being so star struck. Owen Wilson was nice enough to take a picture with me though regardless even though they weren't supposed to on set. I vividly remember isla fisher only coming up to Vince Vaughans crotch and they would spend a lot of time dealing with that to get the shots right. Random tidbit.

That's so cool. How did you get on that set?

Best meet n greet experience i ever had was with New Found Glory. We arrived early and Cryus was outside the venue talking to his wife on the phone we walked by and said hey and after he got off the phone he came over to us and talked to us for a good 10 minuets before he had to go get set up for the VIP soundcheck. As we were talking to him Jordan and Chad both walked by and said hi and shook everyone's hand. They played 2 songs at the end Cyrus hoped down and gave me his drumstick after. They were all super nice dudes. 

23 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I've seen THEM but its that FB privacy thing.

I have a theory as to why it wasn't posted here, but I could be wrong.

lol this is something you put so much thought in as to make a theory? I simply didn't post it because there are two other people who use this site in the pic, rather than ask if they wanted me to post the pic, I just never posted it. And never thought about it until now

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol this is something you put so much thought in as to make a theory? I simply didn't post it because there are two other people who use this site in the pic, rather than ask if they wanted me to post the pic, I just never posted it. And never thought about it until now

Ok, that makes sense.

It crossed my mind as to why someone who is a huge Blink fan and has been on this forum for many years wouldn't share such a photo. Sure. Makes sense no?

I figured it was because I think some people made fun of a pic of your in your friends, no?

23 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Ok, that makes sense.

It crossed my mind as to why someone who is a huge Blink fan and has been on this forum for many years wouldn't share such a photo. Sure. Makes sense no?

I figured it was because I think some people made fun of a pic of your in your friends, no?

haha oh, the haircut thing? yeah that was weird, but not why i never posted it. if it was just me in the pic i'd have posted it right away.

i also have a pic with @The Watcher on the Wall when we met him. but never posted for the same reason, we didn't discuss it, so i didn't post it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

That's so cool. How did you get on that set?

It was filmed in my hometown on the Eastern shore of Maryland. You can see my house in the background of most of the wedding where they meet the main girls, and I'm in the background of a couple scenes for like two seconds. They were casting and my mom and I just walked in and filled out a form, and we got cast as extras. I got to miss a week of third grade to get paid to be in a movie. It was awesome. Learned a lot about the production process even for an eight year old. The only downside was we were in suits everyday in 95 degrees. I got heat exhaustion and started throwing up one day and the director came over and asked if I needed an ambulance, and then he sent me home. That was the day they had set aside for the kids to get photos with a couple of the actors so I missed that. Which is why Owen Wilson came over and offered to take a photo with me another day.

It definitely made me the coolest kid in school for about a month lol.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

haha oh, the haircut thing? yeah that was weird, but not why i never posted it. if it was just me in the pic i'd have posted it right away.

i also have a pic with @The Watcher on the Wall when we met him. but never posted for the same reason, we didn't discuss it, so i didn't post it

haha that pic would break the site; the four horsemen of the feldypocalypse

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...