Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

This article doesn't have anything to do with Blink, but I think it's super interesting in the context of what we're always babbling about here. Whether live concerts should be valued more, and be more of a focal point for bands. And no, I am not a Phish fan whatsoever, they're just the example the writer uses to talk about the possibilities of live shows.

http://uproxx.com/music/phish-bakers-dozen-live-music-focal-point-of-art/

"I suspect my wish has less to do with technology than philosophy — I wish more bands made it worthwhile to stream every show, by playing creative concerts that don’t just repeat the same songs every night. Is that too much to ask? Live music is an art form that’s just as valid as making an album, even if it’s rarely discussed in those terms. But too many artists treat playing live merely as a promotional avenue for selling albums that relatively few people will buy, a point of view that seems increasingly out-of-sync with the times."

• Like 1

Also this line reminded me of this board, with us substituted in rather than Phish fans haha

"The stereotypical Phish fan is hippie bruh who is only interested in guitar solos and intoxication. But in my experience, the average Phan is more like a baseball nerd who is preoccupied with statistical minutia — songs played, gaps between when songs appear in setlists, “bust outs” for songs that have never appeared in setlists, and so on."

The average blink fan is not a nerd preoccupied with statistical minutia. The average blink fan wants to hear ATST, WMAA, and I Miss You, laugh at the fuck sign, make a facebook post about reliving high school, and go on with their life.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The average blink fan is not a nerd preoccupied with statistical minutia. The average blink fan wants to hear ATST, WMAA, and I Miss You, laugh at the fuck sign, make a facebook post about reliving high school, and go on with their life.

That's why I said it reminds me of US, not the average blink fan haha

• Like 1

Honestly I'd rather blink not cover songs ever. We can't get a Dude Ranch song but we can get a Misfits song? Stupid.

Not that I don't like the cover, but with Mark's dumb opinions on set list length and what he thinks people want to hear, it doesn't make much sense.

(Though I will be a total hypocrite right now and say I would be thrilled if I saw blink and they busted out A Letter To Elise)