Blink 182 USA Tour 2017

AudioFranzzz

I gotta point out that Weezer has had multiple eras when they were definitely not on good terms with their hardcore fans haha. At this point it's just part of the Weezer lore but I remember when Rivers was one of the most notorious dicks in music in the early 2000s. He would purposely antagonize fans and talk about how Pinkerton was an embarrassment and call their most beloved songs "Disney gay" and stuff, while putting out songs with literally nonsense lyrics. With him it's hard to tell if it was some kind of elaborate Andy Kaufman type bit but hardcore Weezer fans definitely had it rough for awhile haha.

• Like 1

Yes Rivers definitely went through a period Where was a complete asshole to the fans and everyone it was in the early 2000's I remember they did a interview and I think he referred to as fans as little bitches.  He is totally different now. I think he's just an odd person and he goes through these different phases. Like one minute he will be on stage with a suit and tie and clean-shaven in the next minute he will be wearing rags and look like some homeless person with a huge beard. There is also a period he  stopped wearing glasses because he said it made him look like a nerd but then he brought the glasses back so who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I gotta point out that Weezer has had multiple eras when they were definitely not on good terms with their hardcore fans haha. At this point it's just part of the Weezer lore but I remember when Rivers was one of the most notorious dicks in music in the early 2000s. He would purposely antagonize fans and talk about how Pinkerton was an embarrassment and call their most beloved songs "Disney gay" and stuff, while putting out songs with literally nonsense lyrics. With him it's hard to tell if it was some kind of elaborate Andy Kaufman type bit but hardcore Weezer fans definitely had it rough for awhile haha.

I do remember this, and I think he's gotten over his embarrassment of how badly Pinkerton did when it came out. Honestly I think Weezer basically broke up in the late 90s until Rivers came to his senses and started it over (minus Matt Sharp). But I think even then, he resented how hostile his fans were to the "new" Weezer and his pop pandering.

• Like 1

Rivers is a complex guy, I think he went without any type of sexual activity, masturbation included for years. Also gave away all his possessions.

I do think they broke up when Pinkerton didn't do well. I also think it was a bad time for him when he wrote the album, so by 2001 when they came back, he was looking forward and not backward and I think fans wanting Pinkerton was like wanting him to continue to date his Ex GF.

But I think his life got 1000 times better once he got married and had kids around 2006 ish, and he was able to be less of an ass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

It becomes more and more clear to me why Tom got sick of blink honestly if I was in the band and they kept playing that stale shit night after night and  refused to grow I would one out too

But he's the one who was content with just touring and had little interest in writing new material. Or do you really think he was pushing for more deep cuts to be included when the band basically never played those even during the pre-hiatus era?

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

There was that modlife video when a kid asked Tom to play Waggy and he played it right away.

We have always assumed he was too lazy to relearn his own songs but apparently he didn't have problems with that, like that night when they improvised The Party Song but then Mark didn't remember the words. I don't think anymore that Tom was the one holding the band from playing a few deep cuts. 

I asked Tom to play Touchdown Boy on a Modcam and he did. That was awesome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

Wow, Touchdown Boy!! I would have died on the other side of the camera! haha

It was so cool! Unfortunately as far as I know it wasn't one of the live streams that got recorded and uploaded to YouTube by anyone. I've never been able to find a video.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It was so cool! Unfortunately as far as I know it wasn't one of the live streams that got recorded and uploaded to YouTube by anyone. I've never been able to find a video.

That sucks it's a great memory. How much of the song did he play? If it was more than the riff, then you should be a very proud cheerio! 8)

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

That sucks it's a great memory. How much of the song did he play? If it was more than the riff, then you should be a very proud cheerio! 8)

I can't remember anymore. I don't think it was the whole song but it was at least the riff, a verse, and a chorus!

• Like 1