Tom announces a new book

Ghost

Could be, although the release date is within about a month from now so it may just be coincidence that this coincides with blink-related news.

I didn't understand the rationale behind making the first book fictional. One of the things about UFOs that gets people is there's so much bullshit about them that even mentioning the word causes people to scoff and become skeptical, so you would think a non-fiction work would be best.

That being said, I haven't actually read Sekret Shadows but he did mention it was supposed to be an intro to the series that sets the stage for the non-fiction works. 

I will probably read "Gods" first. With Trump having been elected, I'm not sure how much farther Tom will get within the depths of the DOD, so that may have put a stop to anymore UFO research and explain his move towards Strange Times. 

...and that's another thing. When you're trying to establish your credibility with something like UFOs, why would you then go and do something like Strange Times- fictional stories about Bigfoot, etc.? That makes you seem crazy, and then he complains the media paints him as such. You can't have it all Tom, life is all about trade-offs.

Has anyone here actually read the first Sekret Machines book? I think it's safe to assume that it was mostly written NOT by Tom, so I'm wondering if anyone actually likes it? I'd be curious to give it a read sometime when I'm not busy with school, assuming I can take it as a work of pure fiction and not as some fucking stupid way of "exposing the truth" about aliens via fictional characters.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Has anyone here actually read the first Sekret Machines book? I think it's safe to assume that it was mostly written NOT by Tom, so I'm wondering if anyone actually likes it? I'd be curious to give it a read sometime when I'm not busy with school, assuming I can take it as a work of pure fiction and not as some fucking stupid way of "exposing the truth" about aliens via fictional characters.

I've heard its good, but only from Tom fans. I have no idea if its had any success out of those circles.

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yes, it's a solid read. It's very long, but it is essentially 4 stories in one. There are 4 main "characters" and their stories alternate each chapter. I assumed it was going to be a big weird book about people having encounters with little green men, but it is not like that at all. It is essentially a thriller, and has more to do with government cover-ups and secret "technology". At no point does any of it sound like it is coming from Tom, it is a well written adult thriller. It reads like a Da Vinci Code, or The Lost Symbol where you just have to continue reading... 

Supposedly the "stories" were derived from actual interviews that Tom did, but even if you treat it as pure fiction, it's a good read IMHO. And if you start thinking that some of the stuff may be real, it can really start blowing your mind. 

I've read all of Tom's books so far, and Poet/Sekret Machines are the top 2. Poet is definitely aimed towards a much younger crowd, but if you get over the corny cussing and tween love, the "fantasy world" he created is pretty interesting--if you're into that sort of thing. 

This "GODS" book is supposedly the first non-fiction installment of this Sekret Machines project, I'm going to check it out but I'm just going to get it from Amazon when it releases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Looking on to the stars site is confusing. Theres so many different packages. What is this cathedrals of glass book or whatever? Also theres like a loet anderson book and then poet anderson graphic novel? So much shit on there. 

Whoa yeah what the hell is that Cathedrals of Glass book? Did Tom release another book without me noticing?

EDIT: Oh wait, it comes out Feb 21st. Still, I've never heard of it.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Whoa yeah what the hell is that Cathedrals of Glass book? Did Tom release another book without me noticing?

EDIT: Oh wait, it comes out Feb 21st. Still, I've never heard of it.

The dude that helped him write Sekret Shadows is the author of Cathedrals of Glass. "I'll scratch your back you scratch mine"

6 hours ago, knapton said:

Weird. So he has Poet Anderson, Chasing Shadows, Gods, Cathedral of Glass and then comics? I think thats all of them

theres a colouring book for strange times too. 

14 hours ago, knapton said:

Looking on to the stars site is confusing. Theres so many different packages. What is this cathedrals of glass book or whatever? Also theres like a loet anderson book and then poet anderson graphic novel? So much shit on there. 

This. 

Even we, who are still interested in his work to a certain extend don't really bother to "understand" his products.

i'd really be interested in sales numbers for his books. 

14 hours ago, knapton said:

Cathedrals of Glass comes out 2/24 and is written by A.J. Hartley who also wrote the first Sekret Machines book for Tom. I read the advanced copy a couple months ago and it is basically a sci-fi book about a group of 10 kids who are sent off to another planet for "punishment", except they crash and end up on this icy planet (Valkrys). It's a pretty entertaining read, although the first ~150 pages the pace is a bit slow. Ultimately they run into some fairly odd "threats", as well as start to think they might not be there by "accident"... 

The Poet Anderson "Graphic Novel" is basically just a scrap book full of the creation of Poet Anderson. There is some cool artwork in there, early sketches, and also an interview with Tom. 

• Like 1