New video - Mark Hoppus Won't Come Home

Cheerios4u98

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Good question, because in Adam's Song he sings "I can't wait till I get home."

He has a great family to come home to, but he keeps using these lyrics. There has to be something, at least unconsciously.. I can't think if anything right now but it would be cool to talk about it.

(I forgot to say that I always love your videos!)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elisa said:

He has a great family to come home to, but he keeps using these lyrics. There has to be something, at least unconsciously.. I can't think if anything right now but it would be cool to talk about it.

Thank you!!

I wonder if he's ever said something about. In Roller Coaster he also sings "can I please go home now?" (I literally searched the lyrics of every single blink-related song for the word "home" to make this video. haha) But most of Mark's references to home seem negative. Even in Home is Such A Lonely Place, which isn't about his childhood home, he still makes home seem depressing.

EDIT: Was Mark's father (or step-father, or a man his mom was dating) abusive to his mother? That seems to be what "Go" is about.

30 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think he's referring to his childhood home. I believe he's mentioned how he didn't like living in Ridgecrest and couldn't wait to move to a big city. In Cliff Diving he says "the years we wasted living in this desert town" i.e. Ridgecrest. Also his parents divorced and he wanted to be away from that so that could also be a reason.

40 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm open to suggestions!

I've been racking my brain for other phrases they use a lot but I'm only coming up with single words (time, smile, etc.). I imagine it would be an enormous pain in the ass to put together such a video..

18 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

EDIT: Was Mark's father (or step-father, or a man his mom was dating) abusive to his mother? That seems to be what "Go" is about.

That's what I thought too. Lol Mark was airing some pretty dirty laundry then. His dad is apparently the president of some historical society:

"I guess this is growing up- blink-182's Mark Hoppus looks back on early life here"

http://www.ridgecrestca.com/article/20151017/NEWS/151019781

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, two said:

I think he's referring to his childhood home. I believe he's mentioned how he didn't like living in Ridgecrest and couldn't wait to move to a big city. In Cliff Diving he says "the years we wasted living in this desert town" i.e. Ridgecrest. Also his parents divorced and he wanted to be away from that so that could also be a reason.

I've been racking my brain for other phrases they use a lot but I'm only coming with single words (time, smile, etc.). I imagine it would be an enormous pain in the ass to put together such a video..

I know "time" has been done. I honestly never even noticed that Mark often sings about "not coming home" until someone pointed it out to me last night. The only other reocurring lines I can think of are Mark saying "she said," and Tom starting a line with with an age ("Nineteen, your eyes are glowing to my beating heart" "Eighteen and a wicker basket" etc) both of those have already been done (at least I think the age one has, but I can't find it anywhere so maybe not?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, two said:

That's what I thought too. Lol Mark was airing some pretty dirty laundry then. His dad is apparently the president of some historical society:

"I guess this is growing up- blink-182's Mark Hoppus looks back on early life here"

http://www.ridgecrestca.com/article/20151017/NEWS/151019781

"Having such a small community was great, but at the same time I couldn't wait to get out." 

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't even have an explanation for why I made this other than that I was super bored. There. It's super pointless but if anybody is going to enjoy it, it might be some of you guys.

Someone help me be more productive with more important things pls.

Awesome video. Your videos are always solid keep up the good work!

• Like 1