I've never used guitar pedals...

Cheerios4u98

I've never used effects pedals before, but I just picked up a delay pedal because I found it at a huge discount. I've been messing around with it, and it's fun, but there's a constant hissing noise coming out of my amp when it's plugged in. Anybody know how or why this is happening, or how to prevent it? It almost makes me want to never use the damn thing again. I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing,

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

sounds like a ground issue....is your pedal plugged into the wall?

As opposed to an extension cord or something? It actually was plugged into an extension cord the other day when I tried it but I'll try it again plugging directly into the wall. Maybe that's it, would that make a difference?

26 minutes ago, knapton said:

are you running it on a battery? Ive had pedals, a delay one specifically, make some very weird noises, to the point where i thought it was broken and all it needed was a new battery.

It's running on a power cord.

I haven't tried plugging it into the same wall outlet as my amp yet because my amp is in my closet and the pedal's power cord is short and I don't want to have to stand in my closet to play the guitar. haha. Sometime I'll rearrange stuff in my room and test it out.