New Linkin Park

Jan Backing Track

Just checked it out on Spotify. Haha, wtf Weezer. I hope the new album doesn't sound like this. I actually don't mind it, but I loved the White Album and I want more music like that! I don't want mediocre Weezer again, I've had waaayyyyyy too much of that already. I was excited that they were getting back on the right track. Who knows what to ever expect with this band!

I listened to it a couple more times. I don't like the style but the lyrics in the verses are decent. Even though the lyrics in the chorus are generic. I like the melodies too. The style is just...not good lol. How can Rivers Cuomo go from creating something like "Endless Bummer" to this garbage? They sound like they're trying so hard to fit into pop radio ala a 21 Pilots type deal but that style just doesn't work for them. The White Album does. Argh.

• 2 months later...

This album is absolutely terrible. I'm pretty open minded when it comes to Linkin Park and don't care if they release another Hybrid Theory or not but this is just lame pop music. Also I agree with Kyle that Hybrid Theory is slight overrated still good though. Meteora was excellent top to bottom, not a bad track on there

I think Hybrid & Meteora aged terrifically.  Theres nothing else like it then and since, so those sounds always hold up to me.  Granted it doesn't have the early 2000s 'Matrix' era that it kind of fit in with behind it (miss those days!), but it still holds up Imo.

Those choruses were just so strong.  The only thing that I don't think aged as gracefully is just the repetitiveness of it.. each song sounds pretty similar which wasn't a big deal at the time but kind of affects it now.

• 1 month later...