Hiatus Anniversary

Cheerios4u98

There was a study done that said an adult and a child experience a day of time exactly the same.

That makes me scratch my head because the older I get the faster and faster time goes. The 4 years of their hiatus will seem longer than the 8 years they've been back together because that is just how time works.

I know an 86 year old who says the 1960's "feel like yesterday". Its some scary shit. But it should remind you to savor life, its goes very very quick. Quicker than any of us might know, until we get into old age and think "where did my life go?"

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Jesus Christ, I feel like I need to get my  walker out now just reading that shit.

:D

Fun fact: I didn't get into blink till I was 10/11 (2008ish) when an older schoolmate introduced me to them.

I guess I joined here May 2009. Maybe I was here but I don't remember posting here around that time. I might have to cyber-stalk myself on here to see what I was up to back then.

All I know is I once looked back at my first posts and I got into a fight with someone here the first day I started posting. Nice.

• Like 1

i wasn't around when they broke up. i tuned in just riiiight before travis's plane crash; that's the first real memory i have as a semi-fan. then after the grammy's, around the beginning of that summer, i became a fan, and the summer after that, a superfan. it hasn't stopped lol. i spent those early years on 182online.

as for the whole time thing, my goodness yes it's already happening for me. seems like YESTERDAY blink was at reading 2014... and that's been 2 1/2 years ago :o

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Were the first shows those tmobile ones?(might have been verizon) I just remember Tom being drunk off his ass.  That hiatus did seem like a long time.  That might be because that was basically all of my high school life though.

Yeah they did a three-song secret show for their first performance back and Tom was super super drunk. I was talking about the first shows of their reunion tour though, I was convinced we were going to hear something new (because they band had said we would). But we didn't get anything until another two years after that.

Man those 4 years of no blink felt like forever. I still remember watching youtube videos of AVA's live performances, trying to read Tom's face and thinking to myself "this dude misses blink" especially whenever AVA were performing weird versions of blink songs right before the Adventure.

I always had the belief they'd get back together one day. Eventually they did. I was clearly wrong thinking Tom missed blink though. I agree with Oliver, I still can't believe how long ago it was. 8 years ago. Wow. Doesn't feel like this at all and I'm only 24.

• Like 2

I was 15 (almost 16), in school, and I cried. I cried when I found out. in front of people. very embarrassing. I felt worse than I did when my pet rat died (like a year before). I was majorly bummed out for like weeks afterwards as well. I was in forum exile at the time, because it was after I got chased away from here but obviously before Plus44online was a thing. 

And yeah that first performance on tmobile with super drunk tom was awful to watch haha, I was so cringy and still very defiantly like "this reunion is a bad idea, Toms a douche" that I hated it. what did they perform again, Dammit Whats My Age Again and Rockshow? I can't remember now