Oliver vs. Ghent guitar battle (new poll)

Patient #48273

Who won the guitar battle?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Ghent or Oliver?

• Ghent
    • Oliver

The "guitar painting discussion" was pretty similar to the thing that happened here, the resemblance is amazing.

You said you could do "it" (painting a guitar, performing,...) oh so well and when it turns out it sucks, you said you didn't really try, did it in a rush...Blabla...if you through around such bold statements you have to back it up...otherwise you look like a complete tool.

Btw.: I laughed pretty hard at the "300 $ is nothing for me comment." LOL

8 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Oliver, is there a picture of that guitar looking "good enough"?

When I say it was "good enough" I mean It satisfied my urge to not have to buy the $2500 version (only one available at that time) So that was a big win for me. If I can fill a desire at a much cheaper rate I am good.

Plus it made for a great thread on here.

It was never that great otherwise. it was all crooked and crap, but again, it was that or pay $2500, and as I said, I had offers made on that guitar.

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

The "guitar painting discussion" was pretty similar to the thing that happened here, the resemblance is amazing.

You said you could do "it" (painting a guitar, performing,...) oh so well and when it turns out it sucks, you said you didn't really try, did it in a rush...Blabla...if you through around such bold statements you have to back it up...otherwise you look like a complete tool.

Btw.: I laughed pretty hard at the "300 $ is nothing for me comment." LOL

Yeh I can see that, maybe

• Like 1

Just now, 2point5 said:

To be fair I'm in the same sort of boat as Oliver. I always say how great I am at sex and when it comes to it it just ends up being rushed and sloppy. Maybe next time I record it I'll put more effort in as well. 

Haha. Your lady seems to like it regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

When I say it was "good enough" I mean It satisfied my urge to not have to buy the $2500 version (only one available at that time) So that was a big win for me. If I can fill a desire at a much cheaper rate I am good.

It was never that great otherwise. it was all crooked and crap, but again, it was that or pay $2500, and as I said, I had offers made on that guitar.

What was the highest serious offer?

To me, the guitar painting and the challenge video you posted are evidence that you don't have very high standards  for yourself. And that's fine... I'm probably too much of a perfectionist, but it doesn't make you look very good when you brag about how good you are at something and then can't back it up.

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You can buy an Epiphone version of the Tom Gibson for like $599 dude.

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

To me, the guitar painting and the challenge video you posted are evidence that you don't have very high standards  for yourself. And that's fine... I'm probably too much of a perfectionist, but it doesn't make you look very good when you brag about how good you are at something and then can't back it up.

It's the bragging that makes it so ridiculous for me. Just stfu and deliver...afterwards you have the result to prove your point. 

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Why did you buy that guitar, Ghent? Are you a Tombot or something?

DLetSkZ.gif

Yeah I love sane Tom. Still my favorite member of blink. It's too bad what happened to him mentally.

35 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I sense that about you, I am certainly guilty of doing things half assed. Its a fault for sure. Sometimes its not even intentional. It just happens. I can be a disaster sometimes. I think generally I am capable of more than it would seem at face value.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You can buy an Epiphone version of the Tom Gibson for like $599 dude.

Dude! Reading problems?!?!?! You couldn't back then!!!!

40 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The highest offer was $500 I think and I should have but I didn't want to sell it. You got to remember though this was a time when the guitar was not readily available and there were like a zillion tombots clamoring for one, so it kind of made sense even though it was really not done well at all.

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I sense that about you, I am certainly guilty of doing things half assed. Its a fault for sure. Sometimes its not even intentional. It just happens. I can be a disaster sometimes. I think generally I am capable of more than it would seem at face value.

Despite the shit I've been giving you, I do actually believe you're capable of playing guitar reasonably well. I don't agree with your claim that you could step in and replace a bunch of professional (and some legendary) guitarists on stage, but that's another matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Despite the shit I've been giving you, I do actually believe you're capable of playing guitar reasonably well. I don't agree with your claim that you could step in and replace a bunch of professional (and some legendary) guitarists on stage, but that's another matter.

Agree, I remember (years ago?) he posted a video covering some Beatles song, I believe. That was pretty decent if not good, to be honest (or at least what I remember). But yeah, from that, to say that you can replace John Lennon, hahaha. It's a little bit too far.