Clarke v Speedo

Speedo

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I'm putting in an enough effort to where I don't think anybody will be disappointed 

I'd make a joke about cockiness but compared to Oli's posts of late this is possibly the humblest thing ever said ever. Very eager to see what you come up with. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Copying someone else's style isn't a show of skill so much as it's a show of patience. I personally don't see skill in playing someone else's song but rather how you write your own.

patience is a skill. we're simply talking about two different kinds of skills. as i mentioned earlier, elsewhere, we can admire the talent and skill of an art forger as much as an artist. it's just a different type of thing being executed.

patience is a skill. we're simply talking about two different kinds of skills. as i mentioned earlier, elsewhere, we can admire the talent and skill of an art forger as much as an artist. it's just a different type of thing being executed.
Yeah, well none of us retards are recreating the Mona Lisa with our box crayons and elmers glue that Oliver won't fucking stop eating.
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Alright mine's recorded.  We should have the new thread later this week when everything is ready to go.

This isn't just a competition; this isn't just a guitar challenge to see who can replace Skiba; this isn't just a thing people are doing for "fun".  No.  This is a movement, and I need all of you kids on board to buy a t-shirt.  More announcements to come.  This is going to be the greatest movement in the past 25 years.  Big things coming.

I'm ready for the next adventure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clarke said:

This isn't just a competition; this isn't just a guitar challenge to see who can replace Skiba; this isn't just a thing people are doing for "fun".  No.  This is a movement, and I need all of you kids on board to buy a t-shirt.  More announcements to come.  This is going to be the greatest movement in the past 25 years.  Big things coming.

Clarkie made a funny!

42 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So when does this battle begin? I'm officially bored with the Oliver ego thing.

We agreed to post Friday. We will give both videos to someone to post for us so that it can be at the same time.

I think Clarke and I went in different directions with this ... I spent tonight working on a medley of sorts where as I think his is more of showing the intricate parts. 

I just finished mine, I'll run through it tonight a few more time and then I'll record tomorrow evening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Tomorrow is the big day, we need a person to be the middle man and post both videos at the same time along with the appropriate poll. Anyone down?

Clarke already asked me haha

the only issue is time zones really. I'm not sure what time your side of the planet you'd want it live tomorrow, and for most of tomorrow I'm out because of the rugby. I could post it late evening though which I think is afternoonish for you guys?

1 minute ago, Kay said:

the only issue is time zones really. I'm not sure what time your side of the planet you'd want it live tomorrow, and for most of tomorrow I'm out because of the rugby. I could post it late evening though which I think is afternoonish for you guys?

Why are you putting yourself through the rugby? It's going to be awful.

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Why are you putting yourself through the rugby? It's going to be awful.

Because it cost me £190 back in december and I am going to enjoy it NO MATTER HOW FUCKING AWFULLY THEY'RE CLEARLY GOING TO PLAY THE USELESS FUCKING CUNTS SORT IT OUT *cough* sorry. it's going to be a great day out in Cardiff!

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Because it cost me £190 back in december and I am going to enjoy it NO MATTER HOW FUCKING AWFULLY THEY'RE CLEARLY GOING TO PLAY THE USELESS FUCKING CUNTS SORT IT OUT *cough* sorry. it's going to be a great day out in Cardiff!

Oh you've got tickets?

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Oh you've got tickets?

yup. always wanted to see a six nations match live, and me and my buddy have said for *years* that we'll do it that year and we never ever do and this year we went 'NO ITS TIME! ITS FUCKING TIME!' and er, yeah. worst year ever to do it it seems! oh well! it's gonna be a good day anyway. He's buying me steak as an early birthday present and I'm test playing some guitars, then rugby. proper 'boys' day out. if you ignore the whole having a vagina thing, anyway.

But err yeah long story short I can post it tomorrow but it'll be late afternoon for the Americans and late evening for the brits, if you guys would rather someone else did it I understand.