Sign in to follow this  
Scott.

Phillips Hue Lights

Just wondering if anyone here has these lights. They looks so cool. You can control them from an app or from Siri or Amazon Echo. I want to put a strip behind our bed headboard and get two bulbs for our lamps to change our room all sorts of colours I just dunno if they're worth it.

5 minutes ago, knapton said:

I really wanna get them but they are pretty expensive. They def look cool though. 

Yeah but they last 12 years and I think they're cheaper to run than normal bulbs. 

O really? Ya i think once im not poor im gonna get some. I really like the led lightstrip. 

13 hours ago, knapton said:

O really? Ya i think once im not poor im gonna get some. I really like the led lightstrip. 

I just had a look at them on amazon and yeah if didn't realise how do expensive they are. I really wan them but afraid if I pay that much they're not gonna be worth it.

A cousin of mine has them to light up his den and they look really cool! The last time I was at his house was about a year ago and at that time he had had them for about 2 years I think. They seem like a good investment.

• Like 1

They look so cool but I wonder once the novelty has worn off if they're really worth the money. I just wanna light my room up a dirty red colour and have sex, hmmm. I'm gonna leave it a bit and maybe look into it more around Xmas. I hope they come down in price. I can afford them no problem it just a lot of money for something that could be 'meh'

• Like 1

i have one. just the standard bulb with the wireless light switch. my friend has the colored ones that you can adjust with your phone. i think they're pretty awesome and they last a really long time. definitely an investment, though. 

1 hour ago, dildo69er said:

when i save up some cash im going to totally smart home my house, fkn the whole thing will run on an app

I'm gonna hack the shit outta your house!

• Like 2

Would love to occasionally set my lights to a nice dark red. That way my eyes will adjust to the dark better than if it were set to a color with a shorter wavelength. Plus, having sex to different colors will be a cool way to vary it up. Definitely going to research these later when I get home.

28 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Would love to occasionally set my lights to a nice dark red. That way my eyes will adjust to the dark better than if it were set to a color with a shorter wavelength. Plus, having sex to different colors will be a cool way to vary it up. Definitely going to research these later when I get home.

Before I even read this post I knew there would be a creepy sexual remark shoehorned in somewhere.

• Like 1

And that's why you don't get the red light, you get fucked in the blue light! Like a sodomized Eyeore!

Have had them for a couple of years now, work great. Just actually picked up another bulb for $14 at Best Buy. No complaints, use them with Apples homekit. 

I really want them!! Thousands to kit the whole house though. It'll have to wait. I've got other shit that needs doing 

I have them, they are pretty easy to set up and I love them. I originally got a Google Home to command them and ran into major issues trying to get it synced with Phillips Hue to the point of where I almost threw the thing. Swapped it for an Amazon Echo and it worked instantly. 

Every single day I say "Alexa turn the lights off...." and it takes every ounce of my soul to not continue "CARRY ME HOME... NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAA".

You can get the color starter kit for $199 on Best Buy and it comes with 2 Google Home Minis for free which is a ~$100 value. I turned around and sold both mine on eBay so that cut my price for the kit in half.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=phillips+hue&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys