Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

Hey I wanna post our bridge.  They built a new one to replace the old one for about the last 10 years. Old one is orange one and then theres the new one next to it.  I wanna say ive heard its the longest cable suspension bridge in the world.  Fucking cost 3$ to go across now though.

The-port-mann-bridge-project-fasteel.jpg

4 minutes ago, knapton said:

Hey I wanna post our bridge.  They built a new one to replace the old one for about the last 10 years. Old one is orange one and then theres the new one next to it.  I wanna say ive heard its the longest cable suspension bridge in the world.  Fucking cost 3$ to go across now though.

The-port-mann-bridge-project-fasteel.jpg

$3? That's cute.

Bridge wars.

Well when it never used to have a toll and then it does, ya its kinda annoying. Sometimes I go over it everyday for work for a month and i think the bill is like $130.  When you already spend $80-$100 a week on gas and then throw that bill on there its annoying

12 minutes ago, NotNow said:

$3? That's cute.

Bridge wars.

Heres a very good paragraph to explain the frustration over this bridge having tolls, from a news story I found.

I’ve long opposed tolls, especially the way they’ve been applied in the Lower Mainland. How was it fair that the new road to Whistler, largely a playground for the rich, was not tolled when it was built before the 2010 Olympics while working folks commuting over the Fraser River were forced to pay? And when officials tolled some Lower Mainland bridges while leaving others free, what did they expect?

Basically when we had the Olympics here in 2010, the road to whistler from Vancouver (the place where all the outdoor events were) was a very old single lane road that was dangerous and slow.  The completely redid it for the olympics and made taxpayers pay for it when the majority of the people that live in whistler are very wealthy and the road gets tons of tourists.  This new bridge is a way most people have to commute to work and they toll it.  And then theres still 3 other ways across the same water way that arent tolled so people use those and just mess traffic up so bad.  Our highways here are a joke.

Wow thread derail much eh

7 minutes ago, knapton said:

Well when it never used to have a toll and then it does, ya its kinda annoying. Sometimes I go over it everyday for work for a month and i think the bill is like $130.  When you already spend $80-$100 a week on gas and then throw that bill on there its annoying

Yea our bridge toll to get to DC or western maryland went down from $8 to $4 last year. It's really makes a huge difference.

Edit: derailed you say? We should talk about trains...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NotNow said:

CBBT-102303-50.jpg

13 miles crossing the Chesapeake Bay on one bridge with no land in sight. It's so beautiful on it at sunset and it's the best feeling whenever I cross it because it's always in the summer when my high school best friends and I are going to the outerbanks in North Carolina for the week and it's really the only time we see each other anymore.

reminds me of the lake pontchartrain causeway, it's the bridge that used to get us to new orleans when i lived on the gulf coast. it's much less pretty, and it's the longest bridge in the world. it's such a slog to get through lol 

e63f63671ee650c5a0c909ed4abd11d4.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If I'm being serious I'm not actually sure what my all-time favorite bridges in blink songs are. But the three I put in my bullshit list above are all ones that I really like.

Feeling this is probably the logical choice if we're trying to look at it somewhat objectively 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

mines a toss up between Aliens Exist, Heres Your Letter, Everytime I Look For You... and a few more haha

For a long time I didn't like Here's Your Letter very much. It was the dud of the untitled album for me. But even despite that I was still in love with the bridge. Now I love the whole song. But the bridge is still my favorite part, and is one of the highlights of the whole record for me.

• Like 1