Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

20 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I'm glad that whatever's happening to people's ears where a song like this sounds like garbage hasn't happened to my ears.

I thought for awhile that maybe my ears had changed, that maybe it was ME, that my tastes had changed.

But when I was spinning enema in preparation for the guitar challenge, and was just loving every last minute of it like it was my first time hearing it, it isn't me who changed one damn bit. I am now sure of that.

• Like 1

I have a couple friends who are blink fans. Not hardcore like us but enjoy the old stuff and would go see them in concert. Thay all think this is garbage. I wonder if blink is trying to cater to only new fans or what. Seems like most people who got into blink through enema and stuff cant stand this. 

6 minutes ago, knapton said:

I have a couple friends who are blink fans. Not hardcore like us but enjoy the old stuff and would go see them in concert. Thay all think this is garbage. I wonder if blink is trying to cater to only new fans or what. Seems like most people who got into blink through enema and stuff cant stand this. 

They are all clearly Tombots and should burn all their Blink CDs...the new songs are the best thing ever!1!1!

18 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I thought for awhile that maybe my ears had changed, that maybe it was ME, that my tastes had changed.

But when I was spinning enema in preparation for the guitar challenge, and was just loving every last minute of it like it was my first time hearing it, it isn't me who changed one damn bit. I am now sure of that.

Man, I love blink but I just plain don't like the song. There's no hook whatsoever. I'm like Oliver, if the music is good I will jam to it regardless of genre. But this shit... idk getting tired of the gang vocal bullshit as well. California arguably sounds like blink, still has that magic IMO. This song just falls short for me. Still hopeful the other songs though, but it feels like my hope is skating on thin ice.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

blink needs to fire the guy who makes these lyric videos.

wasn't there word that they weren't happy with the shitty ones that were made for california? why'd they hire the same people? and do these people not know how to properly sync the song to the music? and why are all their color combinations so garish and ugly? lol.

lotta hate this song is getting. i get it. but i feel like something like sober has a lot more to hate about it than this song does. i think a lot of people went into this trying to hate it. it's not GOOD, but it's not some travesty lol

Thoughts on Parking Lot:

• Matt's voice was screaming so hard that I didn't recognize who it was, I haven't heard Matt sound that intense in like forever, so that's great.

• There's more lead guitar on this one song than the whole California album. I think Matt or the band took notice.

• This song's production really blows. The drums are in your face and they sound distorted to hell.

• Instrumentally, this song does not take a break. I honestly though Travis did overdid it and other things that bothered me was that everytime Matt would start a riff, he would play one second of it and then go back to chords and then rinse and repeat. Not one consistent riff. They didn't even let the song breathe.

• After Matt went loose, Mark couldn't keep up with the intensity in my opinion and it kinda becomes a letdown. I do like the little bass chords + chorus singing thing going on but it only lasted like 3 seconds.

I had some hope that the deluxe album would town down the California style a little. While it's still too early to tell, this single is pretty bad. I would take most tracks on Cali over it. I enjoy Cali for what is, but if they're going to continue making California type albums I just have no interest. They're all over 40, they don't need to keep singing about and to teenagers. Hopefully these gang vocals don't become a thing. You're Blink 182! You don't need to copy recent mainstream pop punk style to sell records!

With all that said, I still have hope the rest of these tracks will be decent, even though all logic points against it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Of course they have.  Not sure why though honestly, its disc 2 of California, we were all saying more nananas should be expected before we even heard the first song from disc 2.  To me its like going to a Star Wars sequel and hoping that there will be no droids.

That's the sad state of where blink is at. 

10 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I had some hope that the deluxe album would town down the California style a little. While it's still too early to tell, this single is pretty bad. I would take most tracks on Cali over it. I enjoy Cali for what is, but if they're going to continue making California type albums I just have no interest. They're all over 40, they don't need to keep singing about and to teenagers. Hopefully these gang vocals don't become a thing. You're Blink 182! You don't need to copy recent mainstream pop punk style to sell records!

With all that said, I still have hope the rest of these tracks will be decent, even though all logic points against it.

These are my feelings exactly. 

Really disheartening to come home after such excitement for a new song and hear that. Oof.

Just played the song for my kid. He's 10, grown up on blink. And though he's heard Matt and the Cali album, this is his reaction: "What is this? This is blink? What happened to them? Why do they always sing about California now? Can you turn it off? Why are you still playing this song? Put on Rancid or White Stripes please."

Not trying to necessarily hate. Just an interesting reaction from the next generation. Even he can hear the change in blink. As for myself, I'm not preordering.

Just now, Nshesaid said:

It feels like an all time low to me no pun intended.  Blatant selling out feels even worse than hiatus.

Yeah, it's starting to really feel that way. Sad I gotta specify old blink as my favorite band to people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Reading through the comments elsewhere, seems like most casual people like the song. 

For a bonus song that isn't a single the reception seems positive among the mentally stable :) 

Denial for this long a stretch isn't mentally healthy.

• Like 5