Parking Lot - California Deluxe Single (March 17th)

NotNow

When I was a teenager I never hung out in the UK equivalent of "parking lots", I mean sure we walked around a lot and loitered in various places but never parking lots. possibly because ours are a lot smaller than yours and are filled with fast moving cars and you know, thats dangerous bro. 

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

see, not really. because he talks about being there with matt. so it's an "imagined" fictional youth in which he was friends with skiba. which is weak, imo.

Hopefully we're gonna get a new Tales From Beneath Your Mom that tells the story of how blink originated 25 years ago when Matt and Travis met Mark in high school.

• Like 8

Parking lots at night aren't safe here, you always have to be careful, but we just don't have the culture of hanging out in parking lots.. not even at the mall, they two very american things for me. 

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

in socal, that was one of the top parking lots to skate in. at least in the early and mid nineties. i have no idea what kids do today.

Change skating for posing in parking lots while watching their phones, and there you go.

• Like 1

On 2017. 03. 29. at 11:56 PM, boxelder said:

i think the target line is fine for the most part, since it's just reminiscing on their youth...

but the problem is they've done that WAY too much as of late, both in lyrics and sound

that's why i think it's an intentional "concept".

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Maybe you're right, but if that's the case I would have expected them to state that at some point haha

well, their official statements are usually bullshit nowadays. it feels like they have a set of non-committal canned responses. maybe they forgot to add the nostalgia-concept when they created these answers.

i have a feeling they don't really enjoy the way the band works now, but they can't express it (because of contracts). so they just give in 0 effort, and drift with the tide, repeat the same boring bullshit in every interview since early 2016.

when mark was honestly enthusiastic, he was more fun, more talkative, more fan-friendly. now he's not the same, it just feels like he's covering that he's sad inside.

maybe he wanted that "old blink, old alkaline trio" album more than california (but, again, they had contracts, they had a timeframe, and the label probably didn't think it will be ready in time, or a dark/melancholic/progressive album would be an ideal start for the new blink era, so they forced the band to record a summer album with the fastest musicmaker, aka feldmann). </conspiracy>

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

when mark was honestly enthusiastic, he was more fun, more talkative, more fan-friendly. now he's not the same, it just feels like he's covering that he's sad inside.

I agree with you there. Not sure if he's covering up his real feelings or he's just getting older and more mellow, but he seems to go with the more canned responses these days

• Like 1