What would you prefer?

Low Value Boy

What version of Blink would you prefer?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What version of blink-182 would you prefer?

• In it's current form with Skiba releasing the music they are now
    • In its previous state with Tom, maybe releasing an album every 4-5 years (if at all)

I'd rather have bat-shit crazy Tom back obviously. I think DED was pretty good, better than Neighborhoods and Cali's 5 best songs. Anyways I think they'll ride out the new incarnation until sales dip. Then maybe bring Tom back. I'd like to think his recent statements about Skiba doing his job while he's gone shows he's jealous as fuck and maybe not at peace with the current blink state. That said it might just be the money he's missing. Who knows with Tom? He probably doesn't even have his own thoughts worked out. 

All I know is I'll always try to listen to a blink-related release. Whether I enjoy or look forward to it anymore is another matter entirely unfortunately.

• Like 1

Ill take Tom. Now he has 2 guys replacing him: Feldman + Matt Skiba. Feldman is truly useless because Neighborhoods was a 1 time instance of bad production. AvA Chasing Shadows and Dogs Eating Dogs (which they were all together for) sounded perfectly fine. 

California has been cool but they cant sustain it forever. I hope he comes back

Where do I vote for Matt Skiba back to his own band? I can put up with an album every 5 years and some touring with Tom if that equals better music and contents.. i mean, they're getting older, there's no need to be as relevant as Mark wants blink to be right now, there's no need to put out an album every year and tour for months. I personally don't care about charts and all those stuffs, just give me some good songs every once in a while and I'll be fine.

Option number 4: current members but without Feldy. Tom is too crazy to be here and he doesn't care, plus, I think there's a big untapped potential with Skiba but I doubt it'll ever see the light the light of day. They chose the safest road and ditched their first batch of songs in order to have a #1 album, I'm pretty sure those songs had some heart in them, but now we can forget about the what ifs and could have beens because there's no return from the Feldy land. They'll be stuck with him doing crappy music with no creativity whatsoever. I should try to enjoy their music for what it is because at least it's catchy but it's not easy. 

• Like 3

i don't want to see matt getting replaced by tom. if tom will rejoin somehow, he should be a fourth member.

having 2 albums without tom is clearly better than having none for 4-5 years, even if some of you think these albums are missing something or not in the right direction. (there's no guarantee that anything with tom would be better.)

I don't think new blink is bad, it's not great but I'd rather have it than with the way Tom is now. Besides Boxing Day I thought Ded was awful, most of neighborhoods (well toms influence anyway) wasn't very good. He doesn't care about it. His taste in music is nothing I like now.

obviously if it was the original line up before Ava happened then yes absolutely but that's not the same. I just wish they would ditch Feldman. 

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

(there's no guarantee that anything with tom would be better.)

That's very true, but we can only judge future possibilities by what we've gotten from Blink so far. And for some of us, even the Insane Tom Era had better results than the Feldmann/Skiba era so far.

i don't think so. neighborhoods, tom's solo record, the last angels and airwaves album and eps are all worse than california in my opinion.

tom used to write great songs, but in the past 6-8 years his writing abilities went downhill. we got about 50 tom songs from these years, and maybe 5 songs are on the "great" level, 5-10 songs are "good", and the rest is "meh".

there are more great and good songs on california alone.

• Like 1

I hated AVA but I loved dreamwalker and the EPs. theres definitely some good songwriting left in Tom, buried beneath the bullshit.

The only thing hes done worse than California is that solo demos bullshit.

• Like 1

The solo EP was pretty bad and I'm embarrassed to admit that song Animals is catchy to me. I know it isn't amazing but I feel Mark and Travis could've done something with it. Possibly they could have also saved Circle Pit Jerk or whatever it's called where Tom was bragging it was his fastest song in years and it sounded like a bad Boxcar demo.

I voted curent situation.. although i miss tom. Skiba is doing great and the songs arent bad, some very catchy including cynical and parking lot. The tom post reunion years fucking sucked... no production, no news, no care from tom. If tom got his head out if his ass, id say id want a 4 peice with tom and skiba

28 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

The solo EP was pretty bad and I'm embarrassed to admit that song Animals is catchy to me. I know it isn't amazing but I feel Mark and Travis could've done something with it. Possibly they could have also saved Circle Pit Jerk or whatever it's called where Tom was bragging it was his fastest song in years and it sounded like a bad Boxcar demo.

Circle pit shit show and my first punk song are both unlistenable garbage

I actually don't hate Circle Pit, musically it's okay, like its inaudible nonsense but its kind of fun in its own way, but the lyrics are so insulting that I can't listen to it. I think the demos are overall awful but The Invisible Parade had potential and I enjoy Animals but I have no earthly logical reason as to why. by all accounts I should hate it. rest of it is awful though, total write off.

Tough results, I feel like the general vibe could still change a ton based on what the rest of Cali Deluxe sounds like. Like I said, even a week ago I would've preferred Skiba but Parking Lot took a ton of my optimism away. It just seems like a negative sign to have that song be a preview of the new album. I am hoping for the best, but if they're just doubling down on the Feldy style pop punk from here on out it will be a bummer.