What 10 Albums Would You Listen to for the Rest of Your Life?

Nasa

Not passionate. I'm just not going to spell a word an American way. mike fucking started it calling me out for spelling neighbourhoods the British way. How petty. I don't go around calling Americans out for spelling words differently, if I have in the past it's pure banter. Mike was deadly serious, really offended by it. Very weird

Neighbourhoods is a word in both versions of English, the album is just called that word, and as the brits here have spelled that word their entire lives with a 'u' they aren't likely to remember / bother to omit said 'u' for the sake of referencing an album.

Because ultimately, you all know what record we're talking about. If Mike called me out for spelling it the British way I'd be just as 'fuck you' as Scott about it. I'd possibly put it more eloquently but the sentiment would be the same.

TL:DR it's one letter in one word, Let people use whichever spelling they're used to and get the fuck over it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Yeah but isn't the album title called Neighborhoods? So it doesn't matter. Inglorious Basterds isn't the correct spelling, but you don't refer to it as Inglorious bastards

Technically, you're right. Like, I spell the word with a u, but I write the album name without a u. However, this is a message board, not a situation where formal writing is to be expected, so in that respect, it doesn't matter.

39 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Technically, you're right. Like, I spell the word with a u, but I write the album name without a u. However, this is a message board, not a situation where formal writing is to be expected, so in that respect, it doesn't matter.

It does not matter, but for sake of the argument or if you were starting a thread title or something, should probably use the proper title. Otherwise shouldn't really care

The point I was making all along was not that you should spell it "right", because again, English is expressive. It's pedantic to correct it constantly, although I used to be one of those people. The actual name of a work is kind of gray for me, but being rude about it isn't needed.

Anyway, my albums remain blink-182's 7th studio album California- Out Now, but if I had to pick 10 more..

1. Frank Ocean- Blonde

2. Frank Ocean- Channel Orange

3. blink-182- self titled

4. Kanye West- Graduation

5. Modern Baseball- You're Gonna Miss It All

6. Brand New- The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

7. Les Mis 10th Anniversary Concert

8. Simon and Garfunkel- Sounds of Silence

9. Beach Boys- Pet Sounds

10. The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die- Are Here To Help You

• Like 1

As of my mood at this very moment in no particular order...

blink-182 - untitled

blood brothers - crimes

beatles - revolver

dead kennedys - fresh fruit for rotting vegetables

white stripes - icky thump

the studs - don't suck

kendrick lamar - to pimp a butterfly

my chemical romance - 3 cheers for sweet revenge

earl sweatshirt - I don't like shit, I don't go outside

tupac - all eyez on me

On 4/16/2017 at 10:42 AM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Yeah but isn't the album title called Neighborhoods? So it doesn't matter. Inglorious Basterds isn't the correct spelling, but you don't refer to it as Inglorious bastards

This.  This was my main point.  I don't care how any one person spells the word neighborhoods in every day writing, do what's right to you in that sense.  But I'm not looking at the word Neighborhoods, I'm looking at the title/proper name of the album, Neighborhoods.  There is only one correct way to spell that title, though out of context using it as just a word and not referring to the album's title, then yes, of course there are going to be different ways to spell it depending on where you come from.  Inglorious Basterds is a perfect example of this same thing, thank you.

• 4 months later...

In no order:

1. Jawbreaker - Dear You

2. The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation

3. blink-182 - Dude Ranch

4. Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights

5. Less Than Jake - Borders & Boundaries

6. Green Day - Insomniac

7. Banner Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific

8. Dillinger Four - Midwestern Songs Of The Americas

9. Strung Out - Twisted By Design

10. Rhythm Collision - "Clobberer!" 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sebastián said:

I agree with what @jordidanen95 said - it's a nice collection! I bought my copy when it was released 2 years, and since then it's been one of my favourite albums to listen to while walking at the beach, cleaning the appartment, having a shower, laying on the bed, etc. In Music complete you get a good mixture of rockier, more guitar-oriented songs like "Nothing but a fool", "Academic" and "Restless", and electronic stuff in "Unlearn this hatred", "Singularity" and "Tutti-frutti". I think those 6 songs are really strong, so I also recommend it!

By the way, I'm not a long-time fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Nine years ago I bought Technique on cassette, but it wasn't until Music complete that I started caring for the band. A few months ago I bought the Singles 2016 edition, Joy Division's Best of, and Bernard's autobiography. They have an interesting history, and many, many cool songs!

I'm a huge time New Order fan personally I've previewed it and the songs just seem bloated a little boring to me. But multiple people have told me it's good so I'll probably give a listen soon. If you're liking the history of the band check out Power, Corruption & Lies, and Brotherhood. Easily their best 2 albums imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebastián said:

Thanks! Might do, because on the compilations I have, there's nothing from Power..., and only 2 songs from Brotherhood.

Out of curiosity what are the 2 songs from Brotherhood on the compilation?  I'm assuming Bizzare Love Triangle is the first. Is State of the Nation the other? Bc that's only on a select few versions of the album