Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

I agree with you all. Still doesn't really feel like Matt is a 100% full member of the band, specially because his signature songwritting is not there. But that's my perception.

Anyways, I'm fine with the situation. From my AK3 fan side point of view, and listeining to the AK3 new album, I'm ok with Matt making money in his side-project blink, while investing and keepin' in really good shape for his main band, AK3.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Well the good news is Matt still has it, his stuff on the last Alk3 album is great IMO. Guitar work and all. So I do think the next Blink record can be great. The funny thing is through all of this, I've actually become a big Matt/Alk3 fan, and less of a Mark/Tom fan. At least Matt works, and is constantly working on music. Still love Trav, just not into his hip-hop stuff really, and the Goldfinger gig took him down a notch.

I got into Alkaline Trio because of blink, and became a bigger fan while at it :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That was exactly what I didn't want when I heard that Matt was joining blink. But now I'd rather have that than what we got.

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

I still think that if they work together with a proper producer, and letting Mat tcome full in on the songwriting process, blink wouldn't sound as AK3.

They probably wouldn’t sound like AK3 anyways. Even with the dark subtle Matt influences, once Mark enters with his lyrics and influences (the good kind) and Travis plays his drums, it could end up sounding like post-reunion blink, based on more of Mark’s side. In worst (or best IMO) circumstances it would sound like +44. I think we’ve got a glimpse of the true sound of blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba with “Hey I’m Sorry” and “Last Train Home”. “Hey I’m Sorry” sounds like a modern, mature blink-182 track with heavy Mark influences. “Last Train Home” opens up to be a lost AK3 track until Mark enters the song and balances it out. 

I honestly believe the two could actually have chemistry if everyone (including himself) stopped forcing Matt to be something he’s not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

started  to really dislike skiba... do you have to wear sunglasses inside all the time? 

If you watch that longer video, he actually explained that his eyes are extremely sensitive to light and it gives him a headache. That is why he says he wears sunglasses inside and often low hats on stage. (He also told a story about a branch going through his eye as a kid mowing the lawn, not sure if they are related.)

He disabled comments on the pictures with her, lol. Apparently she was a big proponent of the #MeToo movement, and now it has came out that she slept with a 17 year old, whom Anthony Bourdain paid to keep quiet on her behalf... 

Not sure if he’s dating her or what, but I’m sure he’ll hear about it in the comments which is why he disabled them ASAP!