Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

21 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He disabled comments on the pictures with her, lol. Apparently she was a big proponent of the #MeToo movement, and now it has came out that she slept with a 17 year old, whom Anthony Bourdain paid to keep quiet on her behalf... 

Not sure if he’s dating her or what, but I’m sure he’ll hear about it in the comments which is why he disabled them ASAP!

If this is like that... wow.

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So to recap, Matt Skiba is having sex with a child rapist.

Great stuff!

that's a bit of a stretch. i'm not a fan of her at all and i find it slightly amusing that this blew up in her face but i also refuse to believe that this kid wasn't comfortable with the situation. i think he definitely wanted it to happen. i mean, he clearly took that morning after pic to send to his friends in order to brag about it. i wouldn't be surprised at all if he became obsessed with her afterwards and started threatening her with rape accusations as some sort of fucked up revenge tactic. she probably knew how old he was but could have been wasted. again, not a fan of her or her life decisions but i don't think she raped him.

Right darkarrow. That is what I was getting at.

I don't think she legit raped him with force. Obviously.

But he can't give consent as a 17 year old. So its still statutory rape. Not good to go down the road of "oh he probably wanted to". It's not a good look when if it was a 37 year old dude and a 17 year old female, we'd be singing a different song. Same thing applies here.

Kind of shocked, or maybe not so much, that charges were not brought.

5 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i'm not justifying her behavior and i would never do what she did but if we're going by state laws as opposed to consent, then thousands of 18 year olds around the country are considered child rapists for having sex with their 17 year old partners. 

Wrong, there are romeo and Juliet laws in place for that stuff.

Also, you can't even begin to compare where people are a couple years apart.

This women was 20 fucking year older than him, plus she was in a movie with him when he was a little kid. This is gross.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Wrong, there are romeo and Juliet laws in place for that stuff.

Also, you can't even begin to compare where people are a couple years apart.

This women was 20 fucking year older than him, plus she was in a movie with him when he was a little kid. This is gross.

all im saying is that i don't buy the kid's story that she forced him in to the situation or that he wasn't comfortable with it. i'm not suggesting that its cool for adults to sleep with minors. she should face the repercussions for sure because she's an idiot. but i also think this kid should be punished for making shit up and blackmailing. 

this also opens up a whole conversation about adult celebrities and minors. this has been happening in hollywood forever.  david bowie was fucking 16 year olds left and right in the 70s. same with most other rock stars during that time. jerry seinfeld was dating a 17 year old when he was 38. if argento is going down, so should the rest of them 

• Like 1

The Seinfeld thing is a bit different. While still ridiculous,  there is no definitive proof they had sex prior to her turning 18. Plus they had a relationship that lasted numerous years.

I agree on Bowie, he's on my list of terrible people that everyone loved. Right up there with Prince. Big old who cares when they died. Everyone made a big deal over horrible people.

30 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

The Seinfeld thing is a bit different. While still ridiculous,  there is no definitive proof they had sex prior to her turning 18. Plus they had a relationship that lasted numerous years.

I agree on Bowie, he's on my list of terrible people that everyone loved. Right up there with Prince. Big old who cares when they died. Everyone made a big deal over horrible people.

You should apply that to other points you’ve made on here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Skiba's hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Saying death to cops is not a smart move. Its one thing is protest injustices, its quite another to say that.

In January he posted a Blue lives matter post in support of the CAPD and deleted it after the backlash. 

Matt needs to go. I think Mark/Travis suffered from the same thing we all suffered from. We wanted so much for Blink to continue and we wanted to spin in Tom's face; that we simply overlooked the basic fact that Matt is a horrible horrible fit.

I think they discovered it before we did, perhaps when they brought on Feldmann. But at that point, they were kind of committed.

He looks so uncomfortable live, he can't play the fucking songs, he can't sing the fucking songs, he can't remember lyrics, he can't write the fucking songs, his guitar tone sucks balls, his guitar technique is terrible and boring; and to top it all off, he is kind of a lose cannon (not something I realized at first).

How much worse can it really be?

Just about anyone I can think of would be a step up from him.