Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Or ..he got an ego boost from the increased popularity and success of his band and not from an apartment and a 4runner

it's all of that and more, imo. i was just trying to provide some context and details you can't just watch on youtube.

TL;DR... see gestalt theory.

7 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

I'm usually that guy who opens their eyes really wide and stares at the barrier between eachother.

Before the days of barriers I'd always sneak a peak at the dicks next to me. Far more acceptable than talking

• Like 1

It's weird because on nights out where I live, I've literally seen bromance group hugs in the damn mens toilets. I think it depends on the situation. If you're with mates, then you can talk as long as you're not looking at each other. That's always one thing I've noticed where I live. Guys talk in the toilets but they never look at each other whilst doing their business.

I definitely see what Oliver is saying though. I just wouldn't use the men's toilet situation as an example haha. There's been videos of Mark talking with fans and shit. Definitely a respectable and nice guy. But Oliver is right. He does usually say shit like "oh wow, cool." Tom is definitely someone I'd rather talk to in a conversation. He has an ego but what rock star doesn't? But Tom also is probably pretty humble in person. Didn't he apparently hate having the MTV camera crew around during Meet the Barkers?

He's definitely someone that wants his own space and shit like that whereas Mark probably would love having cameras around like that. But if there's someone you wanna chat to in a pub, it's definitely Tom. He's loopy. He could talk about interesting shit. Sometimes he might be farfetched with his alien conspiracy shit. But he'll be genuine in the conversation unlike Mark.

• Like 2

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So, you think I am creepy for having a chat, but you look at other dudes dicks?

I can honestly say, I've never seen another guys dick in a men's room. Not even by accident.

Creepy.

Always gotta take that peak and see what kind of ugly dick the guy next to you is packing when possible

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

It's weird because on nights out where I live, I've literally seen bromance group hugs in the damn mens toilets. I think it depends on the situation. If you're with mates, then you can talk as long as you're not looking at each other. That's always one thing I've noticed where I live. Guys talk in the toilets but they never look at each other whilst doing their business.

I definitely see what Oliver is saying though. I just wouldn't use the men's toilet situation as an example haha. There's been videos of Mark talking with fans and shit. Definitely a respectable and nice guy. But Oliver is right. He does usually say shit like "oh wow, cool." Tom is definitely someone I'd rather talk to in a conversation. He has an ego but what rock star doesn't? But Tom also is probably pretty humble in person. Didn't he apparently hate having the MTV camera crew around during Meet the Barkers?

He's definitely someone that wants his own space and shit like that whereas Mark probably would love having cameras around like that. But if there's someone you wanna chat to in a pub, it's definitely Tom. He's loopy. He could talk about interesting shit. Sometimes he might be farfetched with his alien conspiracy shit. But he'll be genuine in the conversation unlike Mark.

Exactly right.

I showed Tom a ticket he signed in 1998 and he was genuinely thought it was really cool and was interested in engaging with me as a person. Same thing happened when I showed him a CD I had signed by the old Blink lineup, he turned around and showed one of his friends like "isnt this cool?"

I tried to talk to Mark about something that would have been of interesting conversation and non Blink related and he totally wanted nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

I showed Tom a ticket he signed in 1998 and he was genuinely thought it was really cool and was interested in engaging with me as a person. Same thing happened when I showed him a CD I had signed by the old Blink lineup, he turned around and showed one of his friends like "isnt this cool?"

I tried to talk to Mark about something that would have been of interesting conversation and non Blink related and he totally wanted nothing to do with it.

But what about those times Tom stood you up and left you out in the cold?

Maybe Mark just thought you were strange and figured it would be safer not to engage

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

What was the interesting conversation you tried to start with Mark?

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

Damn Tom is cool. Why did you rip down your shrine to him???