Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

Them touring together again would be pretty cool but I wouldn't want Green Day on a song with blink. I'd rather have singers that are completely outside the genre like what Robert Smith did. As long as it's not some rapper that has no place in a blink song or some bullshit pop star. If there's anyone from the punk rock/pop punk scene I could appreciate on a blink song it's Tim Armstrong, but it'd have to be quite a unique song kinda like Cat Like Thief.

Oh for some reason, I'd probably appreciate Kanye West on a blink song too. Him & Travis seem to be working together a lot more in recent years. But he's the only guy out of the rap stuff I wouldn't mind on a blink song. He's great on that Hurricane song by 30 Seconds to Mars.

Could see Kanye on another Trav solo album, but never Blink. Still wonder if he’s ever dropping his new solo album (he told me it was done over a year ago, minus a Kendrick verse). Also that Antemasque album never saw the light of day, and idk what happened with his documentary?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Could see Kanye on another Trav solo album, but never Blink. Still wonder if he’s ever dropping his new solo album (he told me it was done over a year ago, minus a Kendrick verse). Also that Antemasque album never saw the light of day, and idk what happened with his documentary?

I'm still bummed on Antemasque. Could've been sweet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I didn't know Travis and Kanye ever worked together

Yeah, they were on that XXX dude's new album for one of the songs. I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure they have worked together a few times in past year or two. Their names start to pop up together a lot more to me for some reason.

1 hour ago, theedge00 said:

Doesn't he live in the same neighborhood as Khloe Kardashian? Since Kim is married to Kanye I can imagine they bump into each other every once in a while.

Oh wasn't he dating her as well? That might be why I keep hearing Travis and Kanye's name pop up together quite a lot.

• 1 month later...

If Feldmann was in the band it would feel more authentic, because even if they released the exact same record only with Feldmann singing all of Skiba's parts, at least the music would have been written by an actual member of blink-182.

I wouldn't have liked it any better, but at least it wouldn't feel so fake to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If Feldmann was in the band it would feel more authentic, because even if they released the exact same record only with Feldmann singing all of Skiba's parts, at least the music would have been written by an actual member of blink-182.

I wouldn't have liked it any better, but at least it wouldn't feel so fake to me.

Be careful about what you wish, hahaha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

And his voice would contrast with Mark's more than Sk-WAIT WHAT AM I DOING!?!?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...