Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well considering that show was three days ago, I'd say he's pretty far removed from "playing in a pool of his own vomit and blood" status.

I didn't say that's what happened. But there are reports of him being wasted. Skipping parts and the setlist out of order. Mental confusion. A disgusting display.

I truly do hope he doesn't have an alcohol problem. But I would like it to be the straw the broke the camel's back and that he is fired from Blink a la Scott Rayner.

He adds nothing. Go pull a random guitarist/singer off the street for Blink and have him be twice as good.

Needing a teleprompter 4 years into the band, screws up basic guitar parts, very little input into the songwriting, no energy during Blink shows........

fuck off dude.

• Like 1

I don't like what blink has become with Skiba's involvement, but I don't remotely see it as Skiba's fault. and its only a rumour so far that he was messed up for one alk3 show, from the footage I've seen he's been on point and if he isn't on point with blink I'd imagine it's a combo of relying on backing tracks and not enough proper rehearsals, plus it isn't his material. 

29 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I think Travis is the only one who'd be cool with a legit band. But even he is willing to feed off the scraps of the bands former glory.

Yeah I don't think he's quite as fake as Mark & Matt are being but just doing it because he'll drum for anyone.

11 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Alkaline Trio break up soon to be honest. 

Reckon Matt chasing the $$$ over his own band probably pisses the other two members off quite a bit. What do they do while he's making an absolute killing? I doubt they have enough money to take years out at a time. 

Hope they do.  The well of love/death analogies dried up a long time ago. 

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Alkaline Trio break up soon to be honest. 

Reckon Matt chasing the $$$ over his own band probably pisses the other two members off quite a bit. What do they do while he's making an absolute killing? I doubt they have enough money to take years out at a time. 

I don't know, they've hung in there this long. It seems like this tour is kind of a "sorry guys don't quit" tour. Just to kind of feed the beast for a bit.

Having watched these videos of Matt, he belongs in Alkaline Trio not in Blink, he is actually really decent when he actually has control and fits.

• Like 1