Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

While we're on the topic of St. Anger, how fucking cool would it have been to see a "Some Kind Of Monster" style documentary about Blink back during the post-Untitled bullshit, if they would've agreed to have a group therapist help them communicate and figure out their problems instead of breaking up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

While we're on the topic of St. Anger, how fucking cool would it have been to see a "Some Kind Of Monster" style documentary about Blink back during the post-Untitled bullshit, if they would've agreed to have a group therapist help them communicate and figure out their problems instead of breaking up.

That would've been GREAT. Bt I don't think they have the balls to do it. None of them.

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

I love it, it's like the Neighborhoods of Metallica albums and Metallica heads lost their minds at the change of pace.  While on the topic, Hardwired was probably my favorite of theirs since the old days.  Ppl hate Lara, but it fits.

Yeah, agree with you. Did you saw the bonus DVD that came with the album? They played the whole thing top to bottom in the massive rehearsal space. Great to see that kind of things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Oh no @Ghost your recording/audio credentials are suddenly in jeopardy! Bail out quick!! Haha I've never even listened to that album but even I know the awful drum sound has been a running joke for 15 years!

Hahaha.

Yeah, I know that. I have a friend who is a DIE HARD fan of Metallica, and he is worse than me: he loved the record too since day 0.

As controversial as it was, I think they were trying something, sometimes worked better than others, but I loved how they recorded that album and how some of the songs ended up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Really haha? I mean I actually like St Anger but that's exactly what people freaked out about and still can't get over is Lars snare sound.

there are many "fixed" versions out there, with more of a black album snare sound. this is my favorite:

if you hunt around you can find it lossless too.

• Like 2