Matt Skiba Appreciation Thread

Scott.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

What was the interesting conversation you tried to start with Mark?

He mentioned he was reading a Benedict Arnold book in an interview. It was very off the cuff, very few people would have heard of it. Me being the Rev War nut, I figured it would be cool to discuss. I asked how he liked the book. Hey said "Huh?" I repeated the question. He said "good". I asked if he had visited the the house in Philly where Arnold had planned his treason (since we were in Philly), his face just kind of went blank. That was the end of that.

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

But what about those times Tom stood you up and left you out in the cold?

Maybe Mark just thought you were strange and figured it would be safer not to engage

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Damn Tom is cool. Why did you rip down your shrine to him???

Apples and oranges. We've been over this.

I was pissed about the Tom thing, but in hindsight, it wasn't his fault, and I took it a lot worse once the entire board told me to suck it up. I went from being annoyed, to full tilt.

I was not mentally well. There is no question. I can admit that now. I had a weird hangup. I don't anymore. I don't think I'd go greet Tom if he came to my door.

Thats the apples. The oranges is that when I did talk to Tom, he was a decent guy, and I have the recorded conversations to prove it.

Someone needs to dig up that interview he gave when he was like "this isn't an interview this is just two guys talking". Where he fully admitted his AVA delusions was because he was fucked up on drugs. Thats the real Tom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

He mentioned he was reading a Benedict Arnold book in an interview. It was very off the cuff, very few people would have heard of it. Me being the Rev War nut, I figured it would be cool to discuss. I asked how he liked the book. Hey said "Huh?" I repeated the question. He said "good". I asked if he had visited the the house in Philly where Arnold had planned his treason (since we were in Philly), his face just kind of went blank. That was the end of that.

Maybe he didn’t enjoy the book and never finished it? And probably never even thought of visiting the house cause he didn’t care that much and your question just came across as weird and stalkerish since as you say it was something mark super briefly mentioned in some random interview?

• Like 5

I've peeked in the men's room. Everyone had done it. Nowadays it might be considered sexual harassment though so I would advise against it.

I hate it the most though when I'm at work pissing and someone walks in and starts talking to me like it's some normal conversation. It's like, c'mon, I'm trying to concentrate here but you're talking to me with your dick in your hands.

Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

• Haha 1

you guys probably have to stand so close to the urinal with your shrimp dicks that you aren't even able to take a peak.

Also if a guy  i don't know asked me how i liked a book i was reading as a conversation starter. i'd be creeped out as fuck.   i agree with your opinion of mark an tom's ego , but damn, some of your examples are wierding me out @Donald Trump's Bulge

• Haha 1

I'd argue taking a 'peak' is a sign of insecurity, if you're checking for size. if you're just peeking because you wanna see then well... that's pretty ethan, isn't it? I mean I'm no expert on the subject. That being said, whenever I've been in changing rooms I've purposely made sure to stare at the wall and not look around because I don't want anyone I'm with to think I'm leering at women even though I obviously wouldn't be because there's nothing attractive about a changing room.

so maybe it's the opposite? maybe it's ethan if you're trying not to look? oh my god my world is upside down... 

EDIT - This forum has ruined the name Ethan for me. two of my work colleagues each have a child named Ethan, they were talking about their kids yesterday, every time they said their kids name I was trying not to giggle. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Imagine, you walk into a bathroom, walk up to a urinal, and start pissing. Tom walks in, has no clue your a blink fan, stands next to you and starts pissing in the other urinal. Under your breath you sing "All the small thing....."

Tom's reaction: He's going to look over and laugh, you will share a joke. He might even say in a joking way "Youuuuu.....son of......". It will be a shared moment.

Do the same thing to Mark, he will not find it amusing, he will not laugh, he will act somewhat annoyed and think you are creepy, and it will be awkward.

That's the difference.

This post cracked me up and confused me in equal measure. 

That is some imagination you have James. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I'd argue taking a 'peak' is a sign of insecurity, if you're checking for size. if you're just peeking because you wanna see then well... that's pretty ethan, isn't it? I mean I'm no expert on the subject. That being said, whenever I've been in changing rooms I've purposely made sure to stare at the wall and not look around because I don't want anyone I'm with to think I'm leering at women even though I obviously wouldn't be because there's nothing attractive about a changing room.

so maybe it's the opposite? maybe it's ethan if you're trying not to look? oh my god my world is upside down... 

EDIT - This forum has ruined the name Ethan for me. two of my work colleagues each have a child named Ethan, they were talking about their kids yesterday, every time they said their kids name I was trying not to giggle. 

It's not about trying not to look, its about not giving a shit. I'm 32 with two kids, it got the job done and wife is either happy or a better liar than she makes herself out to be. I could not give less of a fuck about my dick size in comparison to other men. 

I never understood the whole 'being self-conscious about dick size' thing ... you didn't pick it out, it's not a car, it's a fucking growth coming out of you that fills with blood.

Does it work?

Yes?

Good, don't worry about it.

No?

Here's a pill, or pump, or popsicle stick and string, don't worry about it.

• Like 1