Scott.

We need to talk about Matt Skiba

30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

It's weird because on nights out where I live, I've literally seen bromance group hugs in the damn mens toilets. I think it depends on the situation. If you're with mates, then you can talk as long as you're not looking at each other. That's always one thing I've noticed where I live. Guys talk in the toilets but they never look at each other whilst doing their business.

I definitely see what Oliver is saying though. I just wouldn't use the men's toilet situation as an example haha. There's been videos of Mark talking with fans and shit. Definitely a respectable and nice guy. But Oliver is right. He does usually say shit like "oh wow, cool." Tom is definitely someone I'd rather talk to in a conversation. He has an ego but what rock star doesn't? But Tom also is probably pretty humble in person. Didn't he apparently hate having the MTV camera crew around during Meet the Barkers?

He's definitely someone that wants his own space and shit like that whereas Mark probably would love having cameras around like that. But if there's someone you wanna chat to in a pub, it's definitely Tom. He's loopy. He could talk about interesting shit. Sometimes he might be farfetched with his alien conspiracy shit. But he'll be genuine in the conversation unlike Mark.

Exactly right.

I showed Tom a ticket he signed in 1998 and he was genuinely thought it was really cool and was interested in engaging with me as a person. Same thing happened when I showed him a CD I had signed by the old Blink lineup, he turned around and showed one of his friends like "isnt this cool?"

I tried to talk to Mark about something that would have been of interesting conversation and non Blink related and he totally wanted nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

I showed Tom a ticket he signed in 1998 and he was genuinely thought it was really cool and was interested in engaging with me as a person. Same thing happened when I showed him a CD I had signed by the old Blink lineup, he turned around and showed one of his friends like "isnt this cool?"

I tried to talk to Mark about something that would have been of interesting conversation and non Blink related and he totally wanted nothing to do with it.

But what about those times Tom stood you up and left you out in the cold?

Maybe Mark just thought you were strange and figured it would be safer not to engage

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

What was the interesting conversation you tried to start with Mark?

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Exactly right.

Damn Tom is cool. Why did you rip down your shrine to him???

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I try and fart loudly as a display of dominance. It also helps with enforcing the no talking/eye contact rules.

This joke was funny 10 years ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

What was the interesting conversation you tried to start with Mark?

He mentioned he was reading a Benedict Arnold book in an interview. It was very off the cuff, very few people would have heard of it. Me being the Rev War nut, I figured it would be cool to discuss. I asked how he liked the book. Hey said "Huh?" I repeated the question. He said "good". I asked if he had visited the the house in Philly where Arnold had planned his treason (since we were in Philly), his face just kind of went blank. That was the end of that.

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

But what about those times Tom stood you up and left you out in the cold?

Maybe Mark just thought you were strange and figured it would be safer not to engage

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Damn Tom is cool. Why did you rip down your shrine to him???

Apples and oranges. We've been over this.

I was pissed about the Tom thing, but in hindsight, it wasn't his fault, and I took it a lot worse once the entire board told me to suck it up. I went from being annoyed, to full tilt.

I was not mentally well. There is no question. I can admit that now. I had a weird hangup. I don't anymore. I don't think I'd go greet Tom if he came to my door.

Thats the apples. The oranges is that when I did talk to Tom, he was a decent guy, and I have the recorded conversations to prove it.

Someone needs to dig up that interview he gave when he was like "this isn't an interview this is just two guys talking". Where he fully admitted his AVA delusions was because he was fucked up on drugs. Thats the real Tom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

He mentioned he was reading a Benedict Arnold book in an interview. It was very off the cuff, very few people would have heard of it. Me being the Rev War nut, I figured it would be cool to discuss. I asked how he liked the book. Hey said "Huh?" I repeated the question. He said "good". I asked if he had visited the the house in Philly where Arnold had planned his treason (since we were in Philly), his face just kind of went blank. That was the end of that.

Maybe he didn’t enjoy the book and never finished it? And probably never even thought of visiting the house cause he didn’t care that much and your question just came across as weird and stalkerish since as you say it was something mark super briefly mentioned in some random interview?

• Like 5

Hey, i'm trying to read about men's public bathroom behavior here. Why'd the topic return to Mark all of a sudden?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've peeked in the men's room. Everyone had done it. Nowadays it might be considered sexual harassment though so I would advise against it.

I hate it the most though when I'm at work pissing and someone walks in and starts talking to me like it's some normal conversation. It's like, c'mon, I'm trying to concentrate here but you're talking to me with your dick in your hands.

Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

• Haha 1

I am kind of not understanding this whole dick peeking thing in a men's room. I've never done it. Not even close. Its not even a homophobic thing in play, its just I don't know, respecting privacy and not being creepy and if you want to see a dick there is google.