(Song Showdown 1) Bored to Death vs Up All Night

Plus-182

(Song Showdown) Bored to Death vs Up All Night  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Both songs were released after a long musical drought by the band. Which one is more superior?

• Bored to Death (California)
    • Up All Night (Neighborhoods)

Bored to Death for sure. I had so much anticipation built up for Up All Night. From 2009-2011 I had a daily morning routine that involved scouring the internet for a leaked version. It could have been the best song they've made and I still would have been bitterly disappointed. Had they released it in June 2009 when they originally said they would, it'd be a different story.

Imagine the monstrosity that song must have been in 2009 though. They basically said it was an AVA song and they had to completely deconstruct it before they could release it. All without stepping on toes or offending Tom.

We should probably be thankful they fucked us around for 2 years as we waited and waited. Had we got the original version it could have really ruined the reunion tour lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Imagine the monstrosity that song must have been in 2009 though. They basically said it was an AVA song and they had to completely deconstruct it before they could release it. All without stepping on toes or offending Tom.

We should probably be thankful they fucked us around for 2 years as we waited and waited. Had we got the original version it could have really ruined the reunion tour lol.

It was probably 3 minutes of that horrific intro tbh

Love that intro actually!

They said it was a synth heavy song.. I'm sure there were all of the trademark AVA things going on.

The worst part of UAN for me is still the prechorus. I hate the way Tom sings it. Borderline yodel-y and unfit for a blink song.

struggle throo-OOOOOOOUGH, each and everyyy yeh-EAR-EAR-EAR............. nah

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They said it was a synth heavy song.. I'm sure there were all of the trademark AVA things going on.

The worst part of UAN for me is still the prechorus. I hate the way Tom sings it. Borderline yodel-y and unfit for a blink song.

Yup, I remember sighing during that part haha but I still ended up loving the song. Some of my other more skeptical Blink-fan friends basically turned their brains off once that part hit though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lol this is honestly one of my favorite parts of the song....I always was impressed Tom could hit the yyyeeear ear earz right note wise, especially compared to AVA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I think that was the original. If it's real it would have been horrible that way haha. But I actually like the way Up all Night turned out. Just the intro and outro are out of place kinda.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

haha, forgot about those demos. Young London also appeared as a blink demo but eventually got used for AVA and he tried to recreate it through Natives.

Yeah I remember there were like 5 or so demos. I was hoping so bad the Young London one was for blink

Also its funny how split everyone is on Up All Night. And You hate the only part of the song I like (tom pre chorus) lol.

Bored to Death made me 100x more excited and happy

14 hours ago, MyFriendLuke182 said:

I think that was the original. If it's real it would have been horrible that way haha. But I actually like the way Up all Night turned out. Just the intro and outro are out of place kinda.

i've been around since that time period but i didn't know that this existed. how'd this leak? modlife?

19 hours ago, Olidamus said:

LOL, yep.

Speaking of UAN live, I went to a Blink show with a guy who use to post here, in Oct 2009, and Blink opened with UAN and it sounded SOOO bad, like even worse than normal, that I remember we both looked at each other and were like "What is this shit?"

Up All Night was never played live in 2009

16 hours ago, Ghent said:

I can't disagree with that, easily the worst part.