MISERY official track OUT NOW!

Aria

Much much better than Parking Lot, IMO. 

I am content with this track. I think this is the right direction for them to go. Sure, it's got some elements that bug me, but if they build on stuff like this, I would be a very happy fan overall. 

Bring on the Deluxe. Let's see what they got. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If you're struggling like this to enjoy Blink, why not just admit you're not into them anymore.....? 

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't have to "try" to enjoy California.  

I genuinely love about half of the tracks on California. I also really like Hey I'm Sorry. These two new ones aren't doing much for me though. Still have hope for better things to come.

I think Misery is good, but it's missing a certain something that made blink-182 stand out in the past, and I'm not sure what that is.

• Like 1

After giving it a couple of hours and a relisten there's something that really gripes me about this song, along with a lot of California and it's the vocal melody.

Seriously - Mark's two verses and the way they're sung/structured strike me as completely different to anything pre-Cali. Almost as if it's probably not written by him... While that's not necessarily something that makes the song bad, what DOES annoy me is that I'm almost certain that it's the same structure as the majority of All Time Low songs. I don't hate Feldy as much as some, but wish he'd let Blink keep their flavour when it comes to songwriting and melodies. 

Sober had the same problem to me in the sense that you could tell FOB's Patrick wrote it instantly from the melody.

Listened to it for the first time now and it's 10x better than Parking Lot and 90% of Cali.

I really like Mark's slower parts, Skiba's parts are average and the problem I have with the song is that Matt's and Mark's part doesn't really fit together imo. There is a smooth transition missing sometimes.

But overall, definitely a step in the right direction and finally a song I enjoy and will listen to more frequently!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

Well when he said, "I thought they were not allowed to release a new album... :rolleyes:" When I said they should release a new album of different sounding material only if its different sounding material, it sure sounded like he was saying I had said some such nonsense in the past, and then when I asked if he was confusing something someone else said with something I said in the past, he said no, he was referring something I said.  So it sure sounds like he's saying I said something like that, and if he's not, he did a poor job of making that clear lol.

You were the only one who didn't get it so sure...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, M!ke said:

blink definitely earns a listen from me simply because they've been my favorite band my whole life.  But even while they aren't doing anything new within the pop-punk genre, they still stand out from the rest by having 2 singers that I genuinely enjoy the sounds of their voices as they hit my ear-holes, a true rarity within the genre.  I may overall be done with the genre, but just as Taylor Swift is my one weird exception for straight up Pop who I genuinely enjoy while i can't listen to any other straight up pop artist's album in full, I think blink would probably always be that band for me for the pop-punk genre even if I wasn't crazy about blink my whole life.  But then again, that's a really hard scenario to picture at this point in my life.

Taylor Swift is awesome (her recent pop direction)

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If you're struggling like this to enjoy Blink, why not just admit you're not into them anymore.....? 

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't have to "try" to enjoy California.  

Because many of us still have zero struggle to listen to every other Blink album prior to Cali.  I'm not AS into Enema or Toypaj as I used to be but I still enjoy it, and if I throw in Untitled, WYHSB, Neighborhoods, or Dude Ranch, I'm able to enjoy it just as much as when it came out.  Literally have been listening to the Untitled album daily again ever since I found the darn thing hiding in my storage.  Maybe that's why I hate this Cali era so much, I have Untitled in my head right now to compare it to which isn't even comparable music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I feel exactly the same for some reason. My initial reaction is that I like it a lot more than Parking Lot, but I also don't feel much desire to keep listening.

It's apathy. Our apathy towards this band is starting to settle in.

• Like 1

Really love this song! Might be my favorite Cali-era track love all the vocals on this track, and I love the bridge especially. Mark's vocals sound so good against Matt's oh's. Also very few oh's and I think they complimented the track as opposed as just being there. Good stuff looking forward to more.

Edit: I also want to re-iterate because I feel it gets lost on this board. I do enjoy California a lot me being critical comes from a place of love lol

4 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I like this song quite a bit! Its not an all time classic but I really like it just like Parking Lot. Glad that the whoas have a part too

So far all 3 deluxe songs are good. Glad we havent got a stinker like Rabbit Hole yet

Three? Parking Lot, Misery...what's the third? Good Old Days snippet doesn't count.

24 minutes ago, Barry said:

Three? Parking Lot, Misery...what's the third? Good Old Days snippet doesn't count.

Yea it does. Good Old Days is a jam. Cheerios should make one of those new blink songs videos with the good old days clip playing over some outrageous clip of feldmann.

7 minutes ago, carlos182 said:

The bass reminds me Transvestite at 2:27, anyone? Hahaha.

yup, same ol' progression that blink uses on half their songs, I–V–vi–IV.

but here the barre chords played on bass are, yes, very similar in approach to transvestite from buddha.