MISERY official track OUT NOW!

Aria

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Maybe this has been mentioned, but does anyone else think Feldman took a quick trip to the studio and edited out some whoas for this song?

Strange how its like the first song without them right after there was some push back from it.

Wouldn't shock me if he did.

Since the album was locked in and distributed to every digital outlet prior to parking lots release, no this did not happen lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yeah, I agree, a good song will be a god song no matter what (unless you destroy it on a cover), but a wrong approach in production can ruin the full potential of it. Recently I had the reissue of "Flowers in the Dirt", by Paul McCartney. That record was written by him and Elvis Costello. Ok, with the deluxe edition comes a second bonus CD with the original demos. They, pretty much, are well recorded using acoustic guitar and some piano. Well, those demos are bloody amazing comparing them with the final versions McCartney released. That production, touched by the 80s vibe, ruined a few songs there. It's a shame. You get Costello on your album to write with you, and then you ruin the vibe by the 80s production. Yeah, Macca.

I'm bringin this example because, although I don't like Feldmann songwritting in blink, I guess some of the songs could be much better with a different production. An easier one, so to say, a straight forward one... less fireworks, and more guitar. Less voice processing, etc.

Haha, oh God, the 80's production. I think the Cure and to an extent Queen are the only bands I like around that decade if I was to judge entirely on the production. As much as I like U2, a lot of their songs from the 80's are difficult to listen to because of that. It's weird because I swear the 70's music, even the Sex Pistols had decent sound quality IMO. Biggest stand outs are the Who, I like the quality of their production too.

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

That's how I feel too, I'm much less bothered by NOT ENOUGH production, than I am with too much production. Like the sound of Neighborhoods is shitty at times but it's much more listenable than the plasticky/computery sound of Cali

The only song on Neighborhoods I thought could have used more work was actually Hearts All Gone....
Mostly just the vocals, there was an obvious vocal cut where mark said "THE VEINS YOU CUT" and his enunciation sounded weird at certain parts.

17 minutes ago, Freestyleskater182 said:

The only song on Neighborhoods I thought could have used more work was actually Hearts All Gone....
Mostly just the vocals, there was an obvious vocal cut where mark said "THE VEINS YOU CUT" and his enunciation sounded weird at certain parts.

Yeah that and MH04.18.2011.You can pretty much tell Mark was just working on his own for those songs. 

Personally I prefer over production to under production. Feldmann may produce the fuck outta stuff but it's better than some of the flat toneless stuff Mark had being doing previously. 

I'm an over production guy. I listen to lots and lots of pop and EDM. But thats because it works so well in the frequency spectrum within those genres.

But it has to fit the genre. I want british indie bands to be a little more raw...while poppunk sounds better with a big american aproach.

But you can ''over do'' the production. ''Does this look infected'' by sum41 is a good example. Horrible guitar sound compared to AKNF or Chuck. Or takeany Good charlotte vocals/guitar sound. sounds all liveless to me. very flat and beaten to death. 

While i really like the production of ''Save Rock N' Roll'' by Fall Out Boy. 

Also....Chinese Democracy by GNR is a great album but it failed so hard because of the over production. Just BEATEN TO DEATH. I get really frustrated when i hear good music with bad choices soundwise. It is so important. non musical People really look weird at me whenever the conversation comes up.

34 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I'm an over production guy. I listen to lots and lots of pop and EDM. But thats because it works so well in the frequency spectrum within those genres.

But it has to fit the genre. I want british indie bands to be a little more raw...while poppunk sounds better with a big american aproach.

But you can ''over do'' the production. ''Does this look infected'' by sum41 is a good example. Horrible guitar sound compared to AKNF or Chuck. Or takeany Good charlotte vocals/guitar sound. sounds all liveless to me. very flat and beaten to death. 

While i really like the production of ''Save Rock N' Roll'' by Fall Out Boy. 

Also....Chinese Democracy by GNR is a great album but it failed so hard because of the over production. Just BEATEN TO DEATH. I get really frustrated when i hear good music with bad choices soundwise. It is so important. non musical People really look weird at me whenever the conversation comes up.

That's cool. Everyone has different tastes so that makes sense. I agree Chuck has decent production. Couldn't get into Good Charlotte but I saw them live so I could see Sum 41.

8 hours ago, Freestyleskater182 said:

Mark's always seemed to enunciate words weirdly when singing in a higher register. I've always noticed in the chorus of MH 4 8 11, the way he sings "slow down" sounds like "SLOOH down"

and speaking of cuts, i noticed like a little split second cut before he says "underneath" in the first verse of Misery and i can't not hear it now

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just listened again for like the fourth time.

I still feel the same. It's definitely way better than Parking Lot, but I've listened to it far less. Am confused.

I literally only listened to it once. I think at this point I won't listen to either until it all comes out. 

13 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

That's cool. Everyone has different tastes so that makes sense. I agree Chuck has decent production. Couldn't get into Good Charlotte but I saw them live so I could see Sum 41.

Yeah i hate Good Charlotte. I just use them whenever im talking about bad guitar sounds and overall production. 

• Like 1

ok, i've listened to it a few more times. the song is very alk3 (a weak, generic alk3) with a classic (and also weak, generic) blink hoppus bass chord bridge.

the song isn't offensive imo, and it's sing-along enough, but it's just, well, generic and weak.

• Like 2

i decided to shut the fuck up for a few days and revisit Misery today. i honestly don't mind it. still NOT what i want them to be doing as a band, but i'll take this over the majority of California.

really love Matt's voice on this song. Mark's bridge is kind of the boner kill. how many times is he going to try to recreate what he did in Feeling This? stop sneaking through high school girls windows and referencing pop culture for fucks sake

• Like 1