Blink to start recording a new album at the end of 2017

High Value Man

If you take too much mdma at a time then its dangerous...Some people keep taking it because they can't feel anything...(takes 30-40 mins to kick in) so they keep dabbing too much...Plus you need plenty of water most people only die from it because of dehydration from Thier body overheating...Plus it's nearly impossible to piss but you got to force yourself else that's another problem ;) but apart from that amazing haha.. 

My first time i was a dick and didn't know what the fuck i was doing ...I put my finger in the bag and took most of it when i was drunk....

30 mins later and everyone was in slow motion and then everything went to fast forward like somone was fast forwarding a video tape...Funny as fuck...You feel so happy and you tell everyone you love them...Watching comedies are the best thing ever...

But you look like a complete twat your eyes are fucked your pupils are massive ...Sweating like a bitch and you talk complete bollocks! Unless your with someone taking the same shit then your both genius ;)

It's best to just dab a tiny bit on your finger and you get a feeling of complete happiness every so often and repeat ...

I haven't had anything like that since i lived in Ibiza and wouldn't even bother back in reality tho ...

I don't have too much to contribute, but 

I'm speaking specifically here, but I have had a lot of friends start doing haullugenics and they invariably start listening to shittier music (think being reallllllllllllly into Animal Collective and electronic jam bands), grow bad facial hair, and have some sort of self discovery where they perceive themselves as having some kind of major enlightenment that they can never fully explain or quantify. In any case, more insufferable to a certain extent. They reveal themselves and even openly admit to be horrible people until they learned to "let go". What that means exactly, I do not know. I think they just stop becoming anxiety ridden socially and become less uptight, but still suffer from the same personality flaws and dispositions. I do think there's something to it, but I also think the brain has been tricked to some degree. I can smoke weed or get drunk and think something makes perfect, mind-blowing sense, but my brain is just fucked up and I take it as something grandeur. Not always, as I've made a lot of good theories blazed, but it's never quite as clear cut as I think it may be. Anyway, it's like this illusion of growth is there when in reality, not so much.

• Like 1

On 31.3.2017 at 3:36 PM, ryan1125 said:

It seems like every "generation" of Blink fans has to go through what  @daveyjones initially went through back in the day. Replaced members, new over-polished sound, "selling out" to the radio sound, etc. It seems very familiar. Blink had a new member and suddenly had super polished mainstream songs with EOTS, lost a bunch of OG fans, but overall were very successful and kept going. The same thing is happening right now. 

You have to wonder how much of it is can be contributed to the "timing" of our introduction to Blink. If "All The Small Things" came out right now, I don't think I would like the band, but it came out when I was 12 and I loved it. All the fans they hooked with EOTS were on an amazing ride from 1999-2003 as they "grew up" with this band. But to the "1993-1998" fans of Blink, this wasn't "their" Blink. 

Fast forward to 2011 Blink is back, and we've got a darker "mature" combo of the adult artists they had become. I loved it because I felt their 1999-2003 era spoke to the "teen" me, and this 2011 spoke to the "adult" me, so it felt natural. 

Then 2016 we once again have a new member, new over-polished sound, and "selling out" to the radio sound again. It's popular, on the radio, but to that 1999-2003 era, many feel this isn't "their Blink" (just as Davey felt in 1999). It's a cycle it seems. Some of these California songs may sound corny to us, but I'm sure ATST sounded corny as hell to 30 year olds back in 1999 as well... 

maybe no one sees this situation all objective. BUT if I knew a producer wrote the songs for them on Enema of the State, I would be a bit bummed out, but if Feldy wrote All the Small Things it would still be ATST. No songs on California are on that level I'd say. 

• Like 1

On 1.4.2017 at 6:53 AM, NotNow said:

Yea I was about to say, "Can I Say" makes it seem like they were all partying a lot on tour pre untitled. I don't think mark and Tom were doing hard drugs like Travis all the time, but he definitely made it seem like they were partying as well.

Much like the song "Can I Say"!

On 1.4.2017 at 6:02 PM, daveyjones said:

this is true. both heels. it delayed the dude ranch sessions, but did not impact their quality imo. i have also gotten drunk at a party and gotten injured (and i was about his age, or a bit older). again this does not mean you "have a problem."

funny side note; my GF at the time and i made a get well soon card for scott when mark told us what happened at the hotel coronado that night. i drew a cast and a crutch on the blink bunny:
blink-bunny-scott-cast.jpg

I once went to a party dressed like Buddy Holly and broke my wrist playing hair guitar and trying to smash the hair guitar in a Bulmer's cider that looked like a drum set. I had to wear a cast for two months. My dentist asked me why I was wearing a cast, I said "air guitar" and he said "you weren't sober, were you? I said "No, I wasn't", 

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

I once went to a party dressed like Buddy Holly and broke my wrist playing hair guitar and trying to smash the hair guitar in a Bulmer's cider that looked like a drum set. I had to wear a cast for two months. My dentist asked me why I was wearing a cast, I said "air guitar" and he said "you weren't sober, were you? I said "No, I wasn't", 

Did you go with someone dressed like Mary Tyler Moore?

• Like 1