Blink to start recording a new album at the end of 2017

High Value Man

I have never thought that they already going to record again at the end of the year. New blink always gets me excited. But first, I want to listen to the deluxe album, before thinking about another record.

Also, let's be realisitc, there is no way they won't work with Feldmann on the next album. Let's just hope he steps back a little and let the three guys be creative on their own and give them all the time they need in the studio.

15 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

how long did we wait for "Love is Dangerous"??? 

That wait sure was worth it. 

But we all know that song was churned out pretty quickly too, the wait for Neighborhoods was long but we all know deep down that it was thrown together pretty quickly, they just spent about a year and a half fannying about doing nothing.

There is a middle ground between them doing absolutely nothing and churning out new music every single year. I'd love them to take their time and spend 6-12 months writing and recording an album like they did for Untitled, play around with ideas, experiment and try to develop their sound into something with a bit more substance. 

Be really interesting as to whether they stick with the current sound or try to progress, I hope they let Skiba bring his shit to the table and make Feldmann take a backstep (preferably get someone else but highly doubt that's going to happen) - God Jerry Finn, was a fucking genius looking back. 

I'll be excited to listen as always but expectations are lower than they have ever been, hopefully they'll surprise me and smash one out of the park. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Olidamus said:

The thread is kind of sad in a sense. Years back people would have been having multiple Blink 182 orgasms. An album, a tour, a deluxe album, and more studio time at the end of the year, and more touring. It would have been like the heavens opened and rained down upon us.

Now its like 3 pages of "meh, eh, ok".

It is very telling.

I'm interested to see how the next couple years play out for this reason. Cali and the tours for Cali were huge successes (no matter what anybody says haha), but they got a lot of extra attention from people who were curious about Skiba. If they go another couple albums of bubblegum non-Skiba-esque music, those people will not be coming back to check in on Blink anymore.

Edit - I'm not pretending Skiba was some huge name that the masses were all clamoring for, but quite a few non-Blink fans were definitely interested in seeing what the mashup was going to be like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I think there are plenty of people having Blink-gasms, you just choose to ignore them.  @Ghent and I talk about Blink pretty much everyday, all day.

I'm seeing them Thursday in KC and then driving to Dallas to see them with my Dad (he took me to see them on the Pop Disaster tour and the Untitled tour).

Honestly this time period is almost as exciting for me as it was when I was in middle school/high school.  But I know it doesn't matter cause I'm just a #sockaccount. 

Man that sucks. I feel bad that you're waisting all that money to go see them. If they're coming to your town then ya go see them, but dont waste time and money to go travel and see them. Their live show is so boring and uninspiring. So far removed from what it used to be. 

Im not excited in the least for a new album. They should wait atleast another year i think. Weather its Mark and Travis or Feldmann, someone is really milking this shit for every dollar its worth. Kinda sad. If you got into blink post reunion then I can maybe understand being a fan of this, but i dont understand how long time fans can like this. Its just such watered down garbage. Like someone said earier, if any of california was released by another band, everyone here would hate it and never listen to it. 

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

It's definitely too soon. If they let Matt go back to Alkaline Trio for quite some time and Mark take a year break from Feldmann, they would regroup with better ideas to work on. 

I don't think they're even using their ideas to begin with. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

This next album could be the nail in the coffin for Blink, if the Deluxe itself isn't.  For me at least.  One album of uninspired generic mush? okay, fine. A Deluxe album of it as well? you start to get genuinely frustrated and annoyed...But another full album of it and I'm done.  That's not who I became a fan of.  

You listened to untitled for the first time in 10 years the other day.

Whatever small amount of credibility you had is long gone bro. Just a run of the mill AVA-first tombot trolling about on blink boards :)

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Man that sucks. I feel bad that you're waisting all that money to go see them. If they're coming to your town then ya go see them, but dont waste time and money to go travel and see them. Their live show is so boring and uninspiring. So far removed from what it used to be. 

Im not excited in the least for a new album. They should wait atleast another year i think. Weather its Mark and Travis or Feldmann, someone is really milking this shit for every dollar its worth. Kinda sad. If you got into blink post reunion then I can maybe understand being a fan of this, but i dont understand how long time fans can like this. Its just such watered down garbage. Like someone said earier, if any of california was released by another band, everyone here would hate it and never listen to it. 

Blink has been my favorite band from 5th grade until now, I've seen them almost 10 times counting these two shows. 

Honestly, I feel pretty lucky my favorite band has remained relevant for that long, and I can go hang out with my friends and see them again. 

sucks that you don't have those same luxuries. 

39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You listened to untitled for the first time in 10 years the other day.

Whatever small amount of credibility you had is long gone bro. Just a run of the mill AVA-first tombot trolling about on blink boards :)

I don't know why you keep desperately rolling that out, it obviously was a mis comprehension on your part.

As a self proclaimed Hoppusbot, who hates AvA, with many posts about that, that's a nice reach.  Do I threaten you or something? Your dreams of a quality Blink 182 have been crushed and you don't want to admit it, and you hate honest people who don't want to live in this fantasy of the current Blink out there.  I did my best to enjoy it all summer, to not be so cynical, but after a while you reach a breaking point if they keep continuing to churn out the same utter shit and look more and more like sell outs

The thing is we are suffering some of Blink's hands down worst and downright embarrassing song releases to date (parking lot, KOTW, etc), a load of filler, all just to get 2-3 solid-okay tracks along the way at this pace.

I don't know if that's worth it.

It really lessens the solid okay ones.

11 hours ago, SimonSinick said:

That's exactly what this is. They'll probably record end of this year/early next year and release around July 2018, two years after California.

The deluxe songs are a cash-in/way to boost sales figures. Misery is better than most of California imo though!

Eh yes and no considering we're getting California part 2 this year.... 

51 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What about Star Wars? 

Do you two have anything else in common? Hopefully you like Foo Fighters as well, then you have three things to talk about!

Actually I don't really like the foo fighters very much. 

Swing and a miss!