Neighbourhoods vs California Round 1

Scott.

Neighbourhoods vs California Round 1  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

• Ghost On The Dance Floor
    • Cynical

I feel like there is a better way to go about this. You have two of my and many's favorite songs off each record pitted against  each other in the first round. Then you're going to have songs that people don't care about like built this pool and fighting the gravity against a song people like. I think you should just do something like list all the songs of both albums and you can vote for five songs. The album with more songs in the top 5 wins.

Or a vote can be each person rates every song out of 10 and the album gets an average out of 10 based on the songs. This would require someone to handcount though.

This is a tough one. Cynical, for me, is solid (albeit not great) from start to finish. At its best, I think I like GOTDF better... however, it also has parts that could have been a lot better (mainly some of the lyrics and the bridge). I find it frustrating to listen to GOTDF sometimes because I think it has a lot of squandered potential.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I feel like there is a better way to go about this. You have two of my and many's favorite songs off each record pitted against  each other in the first round. Then you're going to have songs that people don't care about like built this pool and fighting the gravity against a song people like. I think you should just do something like list all the songs of both albums and you can vote for five songs. The album with more songs in the top 5 wins.

Or a vote can be each person rates every song out of 10 and the album gets an average out of 10 based on the songs. This would require someone to handcount though.

Stfu and vote

im not adding the joke songs. I'm just going track by track. It's not serious it's just a bit of fun mate

Went with Cynical. I like GOTDF but the bridge is all over the place and the underproduction hinders it a bit. Plus some of the lyrics are awkward. Cynical is one of the songs on California where I don't mind the overproduction as much; the chorus is killer, I like the lyrics, and I like Skiba's vocals on it more than Tom's vocals on GOTDF.

i adore cynical. but i also really like GOTDF. it feels like a perfect segue from untitled to neighborhoods. and i really like the bridge and opening. the only thing i dislike is how the melody is recycled from there is. but if i had to choose... GOTDF

Ghost has a lot more to it, Cynical has the best sounding Mark on the verses since the Untitled/+44 days, so it's tough.  

Not a fan of the second half of Cynical, not a huge fan of GOTD as a whole.

I don't get what the track by track serves... Seedings would be better.. But whatever