Neighbourhoods vs California Round 1

Scott.

Neighbourhoods vs California Round 1  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

• Ghost On The Dance Floor
    • Cynical

Im also in the 'this isnt the best way to do this" camp.

Also I (surprisingly) voted for Cynical. Both songs have glaring flaws but I can't get past some of Toms awful lines and vocals in that song, and the guitar parts in Ghost have always bugged me (those high chords in the verses are just irritating). the song has some great harmonies, the chorus is pretty good, but its basically if AVA did There Is and I've always had more complaints than praise for it. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Im also in the 'this isnt the best way to do this" camp.

Also I (surprisingly) voted for Cynical. Both songs have glaring flaws but I can't get past some of Toms awful lines and vocals in that song, and the guitar parts in Ghost have always bugged me (those high chords in the verses are just irritating). the song has some great harmonies, the chorus is pretty good, but its basically if AVA did There Is and I've always had more complaints than praise for it. 

I'll delete this then and you do it your way. I didn't really think it through and I'm not arsed so if you wanna take over you can 

9 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

That was pretty hard but went for gotdf ...The intro is one of my favorites and fucking amazing live when tom sings it properly! I haven't seen cynical live yet tho so might change

I watched it live tonight ... it wasn't very good. Stick with Ghost On The Dance Floor.

After being highly disappointed in "Up All Night" and thinking "Heart's All Gone" was pretty cool. The intro to "Ghost" sort of blew me away and then I was disappointed in Tom's voice and self-stealing, but loved the chorus. "Cynical" is pretty meh. 

1 hour ago, raw_sounds said:

Wtf? Ghost is a great song, but the verses are a copy paste from There is...

Cynical is probably the best song so far of this era, and one of the best after 2009, by a long shot

Being the best blink song post-2009 isn't saying much really.

And I'd rather listen to a There Is rip-off instead of a song that Frankensteins elements of Feeling This, Adam's Song and apparently ATSM.

8 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Being the best blink song post-2009 isn't saying much really.

And I'd rather listen to a There Is rip-off instead of a song that Frankensteins elements of Feeling This, Adam's Song and apparently ATSM.

I wish there were elemens from Adam's Song, there´s no Feeling This in there

Cynical is this era´s Carousel, Nuff said.

1 hour ago, raw_sounds said:

I wish there were elemens from Adam's Song, there´s no Feeling This in there

Cynical is this era´s Carousel, Nuff said.

Nope. The opening drums are ripped from Feeling This while Adam's Song plays in the background.

Cynical is nowhere close to Carousel. 

• Like 4