Matt Skiba - Ultimate Guitar interview

Ghost

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

You are creating fake drama.

I said from the start that I don't judge him negatively for this, I made fairly clear that anyone would do it. Did you even read my posts laying out why it makes perfect sense?

Above I am responding to Kay who seems like Matt has disappointed her, I am simply saying that humans in general tend to do such things.

You are trying to create an argument that doesn't exist with me. Nice try.

Fake drama? is that your version of Trump's fake news? lol

You LITERALLY just said "money talks and bullshit walks" and it was in reference to Skiba. Which is bullshit. Nice try.

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Fake drama? is that your version of Trump's fake news? lol

You LITERALLY just said "money talks and bullshit walks" and it was in reference to Skiba. Which is bullshit. Nice try.

Yeah, fake drama alert big time here.

Like I said, I have no problem with what he did.

As for if he is or is not doing it for the money/ I am not even going to get into that. It is a foolish debate. But have fun talking about his apartment and his Toyota tercel. I am out of that one. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, fake drama alert big time here.

Like I said, I have no problem with what he did.

As for if he is or is not doing it for the money/ I am not even going to get into that. It is a foolish debate. But have fun talking about his apartment and his Toyota tercel. I am out of that one. Sorry.

I like this. You finally learned how to check out of a dumb argument, I am proud of you!

• Like 1

I think he basically signed a contract for X records (2 maybe) within two or three years and he just can't leave, even if he wanted to.
The past two years have been busier than they'd ever been for blink, we were used to a summer tour or a handful of dates, and Skiba has been great with Mark and Travis and has respected his committments to the band.
Since Matt has been very loyal, Mark and Travis should just take a step back and say "it was great and now that the california cycle is done, it's time for you to go back to your own band and we'll work on a second album in a year or two". That's what I was expecting, if blink just go back into the studio by the end of the year for another album, it'll be concerning and it'll look like mark only cares about his own money because he wants records after records to prove he's fine without Tom.
I know, Blink is just a massive force/corporation but they should have some respect for Matt's other band because he came in and saved their asses. Not that they needed to be saved, and he's payed very well for what he's doing, but you know what I mean.    

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Now will  u stop with the random theories and bullshit without any evidence......?

Yeh didn't think so lol

Screenshot_2017-04-04-15-39-04.png

Not really saying anything we don't already know.

If, and its a big if, the Blink album drops in Summer or Fall of 2018, you'd expect a tour of that album, which would bring us in 2019, Maybe a trio album in 2020?

Quite soon if I understand it correctly, so soon, I imagine the other members of trio are just jumping for joy at how fucking soon they will be back in the studio.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

Not really saying anything we don't already know.

If, and its a big if, the Blink album drops in Summer or Fall of 2018, you'd expect a tour of that album, which would bring us in 2019, Maybe a trio album in 2020?

Quite soon if I understand it correctly, so soon, I imagine the other members of trio are just jumping for joy at how fucking soon they will be back in the studio.

Travis said they will be doing the trio album after this summer tour!? You not read it lol

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But, if so @Elisa, the first who has to respect Matt and his endeavours, is Matt himself. I guess he knew what he was signing if that's the case, you know.

Anyway, aaaaaaall this is pure speculation. So... well. We'll see.

If that's case, Dan and Derek do know about the deal and they'll just have to wait until he's free of his committments. 
Mark talked about another album but he likes to talk.. I think Skiba will spend the months after the european tour working on his alkaline trio songs. He might even have a few songs ready by now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Travis said they will be doing the trio album after this summer tour!? You not read it lol

Mark has already said blink are going back into the studio end of this year. unless matt is planning on doing both albums at once, I'm not holding on hope for that.

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

Mark has already said blink are going back into the studio end of this year. unless matt is planning on doing both albums at once, I'm not holding on hope for that.

Summer tour ends in September.....End of the year is December...

Mark said deluxe would come out in February...So... How is that hard? 

another thing that has bothered me about this era of blink is how dishonest the interviews seem. mark's been both crazy honest (2006) and covering up for tom mode (2011, the dozens of interviews where he said "recording separately was a good way to work") in interviews. i might just be reading too much into it, but mark seems to be giving more standard prepared answers than ever before and they all seem dishonest, like he's hiding something, like a secret shame about this era or something. matt's comments about alk3 ring a little dishonest too.

• Like 1