Neighbourhoods vs California Round 5

Scott.

Neighbourhoods vs California Round 5  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Snake Charmer vs Sober

• Snake Charmer
    • Sober

When I heard "I think I like today, I think it's good" it was like a bucket of ice cold water was dumped onto my head/fandom. I was intrigued by AVA at first and obviously still in the dark about the reasons behind the breakup at the time, and when I heard that line I knew something drastically changed hahah. Sounds so dramatic but I seriously remember being like

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

When I heard "I think I like today, I think it's good" it was like a bucket of ice cold water was dumped onto my head/fandom. I was intrigued by AVA at first and obviously still in the dark about the reasons behind the breakup at the time, and when I heard that line I knew something drastically changed hahah. Sounds so dramatic but I seriously remember being like

giphy.gif

haha i also remember having a very lukewarm reaction when Good Day leaked. I was super stoked on The Adventure and expected an entire album of songs of that quality.

The Adventure ended up being the best song not only on that album, but in the entire AVA discography. Talk about peaking early.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

giphy.gif

Thanks for tagging the most overrated chick in existence on here. I'll never understand the appeal to pale face

29 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Thanks for tagging the most overrated chick in existence on here. I'll never understand the appeal to pale face

I thought she was so hot when I was an extra in Wedding Crashers when I was like 8 lol. 

21 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

We're you really? Fuck was that movie that long ago?  Great movie, one of my faves.  Prime Will Farrel & Vince Vaughn comedy days

Yea it was filmed the summer of 2004 and it came out the summer of 2005. I was off by like two years. The wedding where they meet the main girls was filmed right behind my house, and you can see it in a few shots across the harbor. It was a really fun experience, I got a week off of school to be in a movie.

I hate The Adventure. most of that album is horrid but the only ones that could have been passable (with travis and marks help) would be It Hurts and The War. but they still suck. christ that album is awful.

the good day lyric is cringe but I think "I'm sorry I hate to say it but you look like your sad, your smile is gone, I noticed it bad" is one of the dumbest goddamn lyrics ever written. it's almost a Trumpism. just eurgh. its worse than "the ice is really cold". 

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I hate The Adventure. most of that album is horrid but the only ones that could have been passable (with travis and marks help) would be It Hurts and The War. but they still suck. christ that album is awful.

the good day lyric is cringe but I think "I'm sorry I hate to say it but you look like your sad, your smile is gone, I noticed it bad" is one of the dumbest goddamn lyrics ever written. it's almost a Trumpism. just eurgh. its worse than "the ice is really cold". 

Hahahah the ice is really cold line is wtf?? The first time I listened to it...