_Kyle_

United Airlines

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Steven J Speedo esq. said:

Lady should have packed her meds with her or kept some spares. That was stupid of her. They aren't going to endanger employees because she's an idiot. That wasn't a rights violation that's just not allowing another person to hang out in or around a giant conductor during a storm because some old hag lost the ability of forethought.

I agree that she should have packed that stuff, but when they say "5 minutes".......

I think the lightening thing though is a bad excuse, planes fly into T-Storms all the time, full of passengers too. In fact when we finally departed, we ended up flying into the exact storm that had passed us by, we hadn't got above the cloud layer. It was actually very scary. Lots of turbulence and tons of cloud to ground lightening.

In the air it only hits the plane ... if that plane is on the ground where do you think that energy is going to be directed?

28 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

The fuss is they beat the crap out of a paying customer because of their fuck up (over booking flights).

I imagine nothing will come of this, but I hope that one day the airlines get totally fucked by passengers financially to the point where they have better customer service.

Do you not understand what a royal cluster fuck airports are? I guess you don't fly.

Their plane, their rules. They had to resort to violence, just as I'd resort to violence if some thug refused to leave my apartment.

I hate airports to the point that I have no interest in travelling abroad, but do you blame them for all the regulations they have to put up with?

25 minutes ago, Steven J Speedo esq. said:

In the air it only hits the plane ... if that plane is on the ground where do you think that energy is going to be directed?

Hmmmm, well I can't argue with that.

Plus I live on top of a crash site of an airliner that went down that was hit by lightening in 1963. I have actually found pieces of the plane with my metal detector. I think we have ghosts from it but I am use to it after 5 years living here honestly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_214

3 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Their plane, their rules. They had to resort to violence, just as I'd resort to violence if some thug refused to leave my apartment.

I hate airports to the point that I have no interest in travelling abroad, but do you blame them for all the regulations they have to put up with?

You can't compare an apartment situation to an airplane. One is a private residence, the other is a paid space, and the guy is only suffering due to their businesses fuck up.

That being said, had they called the cops, and made a legit arrest for disturbing the peace, different story.

They didn't and therefore he gets a huge payday.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

You can't compare an apartment situation to an airplane. One is a private residence, the other is a paid space, and the guy is only suffering due to their businesses fuck up.

That being said, had they called the cops, and made a legit arrest for disturbing the peace, different story.

They didn't and therefore he gets a huge payday.

When the ticket was paid, the buyer agreed to certain rules. It's under these rules that he was removed from the plane, which is private property.

He should get absolutely nothing. The airliner will probably pay him as a gesture of goodwill or something, but I can't see him winning jack shit in court.

3 minutes ago, MSandt said:

When the ticket was paid, the buyer agreed to certain rules. It's under these rules that he was removed from the plane, which is private property.

He should get absolutely nothing. The airliner will probably pay him as a gesture of goodwill or something, but I can't see him winning jack shit in court.

Their problem is, they didn't follow proper procedure. An airline employee/security can't beat the shit our of someone for refusing to leave a ticketed seat that he paid for.

A Cop has different powers.

He definitely has a huge case against the airline. It is pretty easy to get around fine print. A good lawyer worth his salt can easily do it.

1 person likes this

Just now, Olidamus said:

Their problem is, they didn't follow proper procedure. An airline employee/security can't beat the shit our of someone for refusing to leave a ticketed seat that he paid for.

A Cop has different powers.

He definitely has a huge case against the airline. It is pretty easy to get around fine print. A good lawyer worth his salt can easily do it.

If that was the only way to get him out of the plane then they were acting appropriately.

Any half-competent lawyer can easily turn this into a national security issue, at which point no jury will side with the customer.

I don't think a jury will buy it. They have been that bullshit excuse since 9/11 to take away our liberties.

The fact is, this is a guy with a paid ticket and due to the companies fuck up, he got his ass beat, knocked out, and dragged off the plane in a humiliating manner.

Jury wouldn't take kindly to that. I know if I was in the jury box I wouldn't.

1 person likes this

Did you not hear the crowd berating the staff? That is your jury. In most of the airplane ejection videos online the crowd cheers when the person is removed. In this video people are upset and angry.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Did you not hear the crowd berating the staff? That is your jury. In most of the airplane ejection videos online the crowd cheers when the person is removed. In this video people are upset and angry.

No, that's not your jury. A real jury has a duty to follow several guidelines. The man was in the wrong by refusing the leave the plane; there will be no doubt about that. The staff has to have the ability to remove passengers. The customer initiated the violence by refusing to leave when told to leave.

1 hour ago, MSandt said:

No, that's not your jury. A real jury has a duty to follow several guidelines. The man was in the wrong by refusing the leave the plane; there will be no doubt about that. The staff has to have the ability to remove passengers. The customer initiated the violence by refusing to leave when told to leave.

The man did not create the situation, the company did. It was their fuck up.Lets understand that right out of the gate. He had a paid ticket on that flight and the airline company could not honor it. He did nothing wrong. He was NOT trespassing.

The violence was initiated by security and by someone who did not have the authority to arrest or use lethal force (which is what it was) to remove that person from the plane. That is the key to this case. Was the man under arrest? Nope. Therefore any force issued to the man is assault and can be and should be prosecuted. It's pretty much a slam dunk.

Had they gone the police route, different story. Police can issue an arrest, resistance, then use force to place the person into compliance of that arrest.

3 people like this

I still sometimes think MSandt is a troll account. 

2 people like this

It's pretty hilarious the shit he says though.

Damn: Broken nose, missing teeth, a concussion and will require reconstructive surgery.....

But he deserved it! Because he wouldn't leave a seat that he had a ticket for!!!!!

1 person likes this

That and other reasons!

1 person likes this

he didn't respect the plane

1 person likes this

when on the plane the captain has the same authority as the police and he can do what the fuck he wants and command whatever he wants. i dont know if he had anything to do with this decision or not but it's highly likely. because he has the final saying in who goes on and/or leaves. when the people at the gate wanted to put employees on the plane and take someone off he has to authorize it. 

I support the law that makes it illegal to remove a ticketed passenger for overbooking reasons.

Airlines shouldn't over book. Sucks you have cancellations, shit happens, that leakage. Not the passengers fault.

Could I check into a hotel room, get in the tub, and have them remove me from a room I paid for due to overbooking? Nope I don't think so. Airlines get away with shit they shouldn't get away with. Fuck em.

They didn't even overbook, apparently, they just decided basically last minute that they wanted 4 staff on that plane, and turfed off passengers.

1 person likes this