Can't Get You More Pregnant

2point5

14 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I think Mark had some type of breakdown of his own after Plus 44. I don't know what he expected with the group, if he expected it to be Blink 182 famous or something? But he obviously wasn't satisfied with the response it got and seems like he kind of left music and sank into a "I suck at this" mindset that hasn't left since.

Its a shame really because like Tom he isn't really the person he was when Blink was in its prime. His confidence is gone.

It's almost like..

They complete eachother ;D

I'm as anti Cali as it gets, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to criticize how long or short a joke song should be?  It's a joke, if it's funny it's funny if it's not, it's not.

I do think releasing it singularly like this is pointless, don't know why they did that.

Built this Pool actually worked, the timing was there and the fact they did a 10 hour loop video of it was one of the few successes of California era I'd say, but this one is just another miss for most.

That is sort of the trend now, a ton of releases, a lot of misses, an occasional 'I can sort of get into this, but I wish that guitar part and lyric wasn't used in 2 of the previous misses already'

Take your time Blink!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Davey can correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Blink joke songs start more or less onstage as just a fun little bit? Like Tom would play some guitar on the spot and Mark would improvise?

this is true. going back to early 96.

i particularly miss the raps that mark would do over the bridge in dammit. vanilla ice, skee-lo, spice girls, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, I think Feldman is a controller and Mark is easily controlled.

The material pre Feldman was all scrapped and to me that reeks of control, any song not written under Feldman, doesn't really belong on an album produced by him. MAYBE it was all shit, but I find that hard to believe given Matt and Mark putting their heads together. I think Feldman kind of convinced Mark it was shit. "Hey yo, I am a producer and yeh I listened and, nah, come to my studio and we will do this together".

Prime example. Mark letting Tom dick around for 2 years with Neighborhoods. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Prime example. Mark letting Tom dick around for 2 years with Neighborhoods. 

I don't think he's easily controlled as his nature. He seems like the opposite if anything. I think it's just he's super in love with Blink and is deathly afraid/insecure about losing it.  It's his identity, his entire adult life, his money source, and much more, can't blame him Tom fucked his mind up ever since Box Car Racer.

It's kind of like if your girlfriend you've been with for years cheats on you.  You'll always have trust problems and insecurities going forward.

14 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Did anyone figure out how to download this song for free? Do you have to have a spotify account?

Open up the recording mic on your phone. Put it next to your toilet when you take a massive shit - I'm talking like explosive diarrhoea.

Ta da, you have both Can't Get You More Pregnant AND Parking Lot in one recording! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clarkerpes said:

Open up the recording mic on your phone. Put it next to your toilet when you take a massive shit - I'm talking like explosive diarrhoea.

Ta da, you have both Can't Get You More Pregnant AND Parking Lot in one recording! 

Thanks! Half of my drink is on the floor now. Good one! 

10 hours ago, Kay said:

I think no one should base the deluxe off of this, you can't, it's just a 30 second joke. The fact that they keep feeling the need to do full on properly recorded 30 second joke songs is odd especially as they arent funny but apart from that, you should judge your enthusiasm for the deluxe on Misery and Parking Lot. 

Personally I'd be amazed if they could disappoint me further, so bring on the other tracks!

I pretty much feel the same. And I'm not basing this off the joke song, it's the three new tracks combined that are killing my interest.

oddly, Hey I'm Sorry is one of my favorite post-Tom blink songs. That song gave me hope for the deluxe album.