Can't Get You More Pregnant

2point5

my favorite part of the youtube comments for Pregnant are all the people that seem to think the Pink Floyd comparison in the description was being serious (and seemingly not understanding what the word "ambivalent" means)

"don't you ever compare blink to pink floyd again BITCH...."

• Like 1

Songs like fuck a dog and grandpa and ben wah balls actually sound like masterpieces now compared to this. Doesn't the new blink realize that the funniness of their joke songs wasn't because they were just one-off cute puns?

In fact there were no puns at all in their classic joke songs. They were funny for being absurd, disgusting, and actually had some sort of stupid-ass, tongue-in-cheek story behind them. It's also actually funnier when they are full length songs because it makes the joke more cringe on purpose, making it even funnier (like Grandpa). These are just cringe period.

• Like 2

So when they throw back to their old sound in proper songs it's cringe and terrible and they need to expand their horizons.

But when they change the format of their joke songs a bit they need to throw back to their old songs because it's cringe and terrible and they don't need to change a thing?

Got it.

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So when they throw back to their old sound in proper songs it's cringe and terrible and they need to expand their horizons.

But when they change the format of their joke songs a bit they need to throw back to their old songs because it's cringe and terrible and they don't need to change a thing?

Got it.

I'm not saying what they should do or are supposed to do. I'm just saying that this joke song has none of the actual successful elements of their old joke songs. If this was meant to be a throwback to their classic element, well they completely missed the mark. It's like saying Mark wanted to throwback to old blink, and so he just puts on a pair of Dickies. Totally misses the point, totally awkward.

3 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think it will be a lot like California, there will be a few good songs mixed in, maybe even a great song. But all signs point to it being a lot of the same type of songs repackaged, it worked on California because they rode the BLINK IS BACK hype, I think fans in general will take note here that it is a rehash.

Considering it was recorded during the same time it'll be just that. They really should of just called it California Part 2 instead of the deluxe shit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I haven't given Tom money (outside of blink-182) in well over a decade. But he used to be a modlife subscriber. Project much?

Also he's the only member I haven't met, besides Feldy.

That last sentence worked better that pregnant.