Can't Get You More Pregnant

2point5

Informal poll here: Are you guys thinking of Deluxe as a new album, or as part of California (like how Neighborhoods "deluxe edition" was just the proper album)?

I feel like they've made it clear this is supposed to be viewed as a new album, but I can't blame anybody for not seeing it that way.

Definitely as part of California. I haven't gotten any vibes that would suggest otherwise. 

If they really wanted us to view it as a new album, i feel like they wouldn't have named it / be referring to it as California Deluxe.

4 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Definitely as part of California. I haven't gotten any vibes that would suggest otherwise. 

If they really wanted us to view it as a new album, i feel like they wouldn't have named it / be referring to it as California Deluxe.

Yeah I hear that for sure. Travis had an interview awhile back saying that they wanted to release it as a separate album but would have had to wait until 2018 because they're still under contract to be supporting California til then, so that's why it's a kinda gray area in my mind haha

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Informal poll here: Are you guys thinking of Deluxe as a new album, or as part of California (like how Neighborhoods "deluxe edition" was just the proper album)?

I feel like they've made it clear this is supposed to be viewed as a new album, but I can't blame anybody for not seeing it that way.

i've put the Deluxe songs so far in a seperate folder from the original California

08f2192961f61e14ff4bd764b0b01740.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I hear that for sure. Travis had an interview awhile back saying that they wanted to release it as a separate album but would have had to wait until 2018 because they're still under contract to be supporting California til then, so that's why it's a kinda gray area in my mind haha

That's the official mainstream story, yeah...

On 2017. 04. 14. at 8:32 PM, Champ182 said:

i think they made it clear these songs are from the same session as the previous ones, plus a few newer ones made the same way. when they talked about it as "a new album", it was just about the quantity. but it's clearly an expanson of the original album.

and i'm pretty sure they just wanted to release all their songs from feldmann's studio, then they can start a new chapter.

16 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Well....There are great songs on both records. The thing is.....it all starts to sound the same. (Thats why TDW was such a departure). The LOVE project is awesome if you combine your own favorite songs from both records and put it into one playlist.

I don't listen to AVA, but I enjoy a small bit of each album. Although, I really enjoy TDW though, probably my favorite album from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4.40 said:

I don't listen to AVA, but I enjoy a small bit of each album. Although, I really enjoy TDW though, probably my favorite album from them.

Same here. They lost me with I-Empire (that album cover still makes me laugh) because even though there were a few gems with potential it was overall more of the same. Skipped both Love albums. TDW is the only AVA album I can honestly say I openly enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Same here. They lost me with I-Empire (that album cover still makes me laugh) because even though there were a few gems with potential it was overall more of the same. Skipped both Love albums. TDW is the only AVA album I can honestly say I openly enjoy.

I liked the palm muted delay riff style Tom went for at first with The Adventure, it sounded pretty cool but wasn't he used it for everything else, it sounded boring and formulaic. Also, Tom's synth choices just bug me and it all sounds pretentious and just bland, even corny/cringy. There was probably a few songs I liked from the Love duo but I honestly could care less about AVA to listen to them. The Dream Walker I could get behind and if he had more music like this, I would listen to AVA more. Songs like Teenagers & Rituals, Tunnels, Kiss with a Spell, THE DISEASE, are some great examples Tom could go for that I could get behind. I honestly can thank Ilan for all of that basically. 

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm in the minority who loves the I-Empire album art. It's such a blatant Star Wars ripoff (same artist even) and for some reason I'm okay with that and I like it.

It's hilarious. Idk how anyone can't find he humor in it.  It's empire strikes back poster with Tom's mug right in front.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 4:45 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm in the minority who loves the I-Empire album art. It's such a blatant Star Wars ripoff (same artist even) and for some reason I'm okay with that and I like it.

I don't hate it per se. Just makes me laugh a bit. Like someone said, it's Tom's face where Vader or Luke should be. Felt a tad pretensions. Always wondered what Mark thought. "Wtf Tom got the Star Wars artist to do his album cover for his shitty band?"